Happy New Year!

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by DavidABQ »

OldRanger wrote: Of course if anyone is seriously taking advice from anonymous people they don't know on the internet they probably have a screw loose somewhere anyways.....

Holy Crap! That describes me! :shock:

Because of anonymous people here on the internet I now own an Anschutz 1712 and not a Ruger 10/22 for silhouette shooting.

Oh what have I done!

:roll:
CZforlife
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by CZforlife »

No worries Dee, I totally understand what you were hitting at. You can have the highest GPA in the world but if you can't apply the things you've learned to outside college scenarios, you are basically worthless. I just have to play the whole GPA game in this day and age because that's how things are done these days. To be honest you can learn more from talking to someone for 5-10min than you can from looking at their GPA anyways.

And thanks to all the others for the compliments. Right now I'm planning on majoring in Business with a minor in Chemistry so it should be fun... Hope everyone is doing well. I know as soon as I get done I will defiantly be shooting some more silhouette but until then you guys better stay smacking those animals down for me. I lurk more now than anything on the forum. Who would have ever thought that day would come.
Baby Huey
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

DavidABQ wrote:
OldRanger wrote: Of course if anyone is seriously taking advice from anonymous people they don't know on the internet they probably have a screw loose somewhere anyways.....

Holy Crap! That describes me! :shock:

Because of anonymous people here on the internet I now own an Anschutz 1712 and not a Ruger 10/22 for silhouette shooting.

Oh what have I done!

:roll:

=)) I am not totally anonymous, Baby Huey and I have met in person before. And he sure learned a lot from me about air rifles on here before that as well.

Now go get that degree Big Man! We'll see you on the range one day again soon. You can even bring that Hamster fellow along :ymparty:

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

It's because you have proven experience, as I mentioned above. If you don't have that proven experience and academics are the meat of the sales pitch you're giving to convince someone to give you a good job, then that GPA matters quite a lot. I have about 30 people reporting to me now, many of which have masters degrees that I don't have. Those degrees and high GPAs got them jobs that others didn't get. The reason that they report to me is that I have the experience, which they will have someday. That is experience that they would not have gotten as quickly with the same degrees and low GPAs because they wouldn't have gotten the jobs they got. I'm not sure what's not clear about that.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

CZforlife wrote:Right now I'm planning on majoring in Business with a minor in Chemistry so it should be fun...
Based on your current location and choice of major/minor, you're going to make a fine drug dealer... =))
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

Jason wrote:
CZforlife wrote:Right now I'm planning on majoring in Business with a minor in Chemistry so it should be fun...
Based on your current location and choice of major/minor, you're going to make a fine drug dealer... =))
I was thinking the same thing. At least with those degrees he should be a successful drug dealer!
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

And y'all jump my ass for commenting on GPAs in general and then turn around and suggest he'll make a fine drug dealer with his choice of degrees! (%) :lol:
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Maybe he should change his name to Heisenberg!

**==