DAN THEODORE

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
CWS
A Poster
A Poster

DAN THEODORE

Post by CWS »

Just saw on another board... Dan Theodore has died in a house fire. Many SB shooters won't remember him since he hasn't shot 22lr in several years... been more of a BPCR fan of late... but some will still remember him from those years. Certainly the BPCR folks will note his passing. In a discipline noted for 'characters', Dan stood out. RIP
rogersptl
A Poster
A Poster

Re: DAN THEODORE

Post by rogersptl »

That is tragic news. He always had very interesting scientific studies about bullet, cartridges etc. May he rest in His Peace.
Close only counts with grenades and horseshoes.
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

Sad, Dan was truely a gifted individual. He will be sorely missed. My prayers go out to his family and friends. I got to know Dan from shooting HP Nationals at Ridgway. We corresponded off and on over the years, usually on
" Ramementum" a phrase I coined to determine a bullets momentum on a 500 meter ram. Dan really liked this term. It now has a special meaning for me, as it will be a rememberance of my friend Dan.

Al Foust

Hear the story from KGO810's Jeannie Lynch:

listen to ‘One Dead in Mountain View House Fire ’ on audioBoom
(KGO) - Firefighters in Mountain View have just put out a fatal fire that was first reported at about 3 a.m.

The fire badly damaged a single-story ranch home on Lola Lane, and left the home's sole resident dead. Neighbors identified the victim as 60-year-old Dan Theodore, and they say he lived alone in the home.

Neighbor Gary Macleod said that he tried shouting through the doors of the burning house to save the man, but it did not work.

"Just in my Levi's and just banging on the door, and we were just trying to save Dan... Just yelling his name, 'Dan, Dan, Dan.' What else can you do?"

Firefighters dealt with live ammunition exploding in the garage as the fire burned through the roof of the home. Soon after, a power line came down in the front lawn of the home.

Firefighters are currently trying to determine the cause of the fire.
Team Sierra Member
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Sad.... was hoping it was wrong.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

We will all miss Dan de Man.
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Wow, what a shame. I met Dan back in '95 at the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center in Ca. I lived in Reno for a short time and would go over the hill once a month to shoot HP there. Him and his best bud Tim Kurreck would always be there. He came over to Reno a couple of times to shoot at Palomino Valley. Saw him several times since at nats in Phoenix and Raton. He always said "howdy pard". We are diminished.
DennisC
B Poster
B Poster

Post by DennisC »

If ever there was an individual that was sure enough "into" silhouette, it was Dan. With an in depth technological explanation for everything, or he'd set up experiments and get one. He will be sorely missed.
GSL
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GSL »

REST in peace ... DAN
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Trent »

This is terrible news. Truly tragic. Sad day for the shooting communities he was a part of.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

I never met him in person, but I sure learned a lot from him on here and in a couple direct communications. Very sad to hear this.
nomad
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by nomad »

We have lost one of our really good people.

Save a place on the line for the rest of us Dan...
E Kuney
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by kevinbear »

I'll miss him on here, mixed it up with him a couple of times in the beginning but he ended up sending some stuff to me for free as well as selling me quite a few bullets, when you got to know him he was very likable.
Sorry to hear of his passing, I hope it wasn't to painful.

On the lighter side he finally got all of his bullets heat treated. ;)
Last edited by kevinbear on Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
AAA Shooter politically incorrect and loving it
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

RIP Dan, you will be missed on the line here and various chat rooms with all your technical experience.
Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
xpilot
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by xpilot »

Dan was always very helpful. My 7BR was built to his specs and I am very pleased. I and many others will miss his conversation and knowledge.

Jim
jask
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jask »

kevinbear wrote:I'll miss him on here, mixed it up with him a couple of times in the beginning but he ended up sending some stuff to me for free as well as selling me quite a few bullets, when you got to know him he was very likable.
Sorry to hear of his passing, I hope it wasn't to painful.

On the lighter side he finally got all of his bullets heat treated. ;)
Dan would want us to laugh with him about the above comment.

I met him shooting HP at Avenal when I was traveling to matches with Manny Melendrez. I will have to let Manny know. From the news report, he had a lot of computer and electrical equipment in a room that was totally destroyed by the fire so that would likely be the source.