6.5 vs 260, 7m-08

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Jim Beckley wrote:Bob, I have never shot the 6.5x47, but I have a barrel leaning against the wall that is going to be chambered in that cal. as soon as the barrel that I have now goes. The brass is not cheap, I got mine at Brunos for 66.00, if I remember right, the dies go from anywhere from 50.00 (RCBS) to anything you want to pay. Rose Jr. shoots a 6.5x47 and he might ring a ram now and then, but no more than I do with my .260.
Thanks for the hint on Bruno's prices Jim, that is surely better than the $91 per 100 I was seeing.
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

Bob, I picked up that brass a couple of months ago, with the price of just about every reloading component going through the roof, I was wondering if the price of the brass did too, so I just got off the phone and Brunos has the brass in stock for .66 each or a box of 100 for 66.00. A couple of us at our range have been shooting sporting clays once a week, and we were talking about the price of a 25# bag of shot. One guy said that he had a few bags laying around his house that he paid 6.00 a bag for, another had paid 12.00 for his and now around here it is anywhere between 37.00 and 50.00 a bag. Nothing is going down in price that is for sure!
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

Bob, I picked up that brass a couple of months ago, with the price of just about every reloading component going through the roof, I was wondering if the price of the brass did too, so I just got off the phone and Brunos has the brass in stock for .66 each or a box of 100 for 66.00. A couple of us at our range have been shooting sporting clays once a week, and we were talking about the price of a 25# bag of shot. One guy said that he had a few bags laying around his house that he paid 6.00 a bag for, another had paid 12.00 for his and now around here it is anywhere between 37.00 and 50.00 a bag. Nothing is going down in price that is for sure!
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Yeah Jim, you can say that again........OH... sorry.... you did.
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

MC ALICE, YOU ARE KILLING ME!
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Calm down big guy. Sounds like a visit to the Buffalo Ranch is in order here. Go ahead and click. http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z94/BOBMCALICE/BR/
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Two of the shooters at CRC have been using the 6.5x47 this season. No problems with any hit rams that I know of.
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

MC ALICE, If your wife happens to find out about the Buffalo Ranch on top of your Grand Slam Ram trophy, while I'm there, are BOTH of us going to get the boot? I'm starting to see a picture of your wife confronting you with these issues, and you pointing a finger at me and saying it's all his fault. I suggest you call Ed Pabst and ask what a good defense would be!
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

JB, not to worry, my wife is well aware of my problems. Ed won't be shooting with us this weekend. He'll be out chasing down a stupid antelope, with a LOADED rifle!
slowstdy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by slowstdy »

The antelope can't be too stupid, if he has a LOADED rifle!!!!
Cheers Limey

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

Bob, Whenever I go to a match and Lee is there but Ed isn't, Lee says that Ed is defending the rights of the innocent and the wrongfully accused. Well Mary is innocent and I'm more or less wrongfully accused most of the time, so if the situation arises, maybe Ed can go to work for us, pro bono of course!
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Your right Limey, Ed's a AA HP shooter....that antelope is in the freezer, he just does'nt know it yet.
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

Bob, I think that one went over your head, read the part about the speed goat again. I'll see you some time tomorrow, getting ready to leave.
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Oh crap....no sense editing / rewriting that one. You got me. :oops:
Fat NDN
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Fat NDN »

I lik the 6.5 Swede :D