Article on the NRA

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Article on the NRA

Post by Bob259 »

Interesting article and may be the reason we are seeing some of the lack of funding and people in Corporate we are all experiencing recently.....

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/07/shit-s ... d-to-roll/
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Article on the NRA

Post by atomicbrh »

Many well known people in the firearms and entertainment industry are putting as much distance as possible between themselves and the NRA. Many of the reasons for that are in this article. A main reason was probably when the new Treasurer Craig Spray would not sign the tax returns in 2018. Also 40 million to Ack-Mac in 2017.
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

I didn't know this stuff was going on. Looks pretty bad
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

This past Tuesday the gun grabbers in the state of Virginia gained absolute control of both houses of their legislature and the governor's office. The NRA offices are in Virginia. The elected democrats are saying one of the first items on their agenda is gun control. It will be ironic when something has to be done with many of the guns and items in the NRA museums because they do not comply with Virginia state laws that will most likely be passed. Also, how are the NRA staff going to test guns, review guns and write articles about guns when they cannot legally have the guns in their state? I guess they will all start working remotely from a free state.
What sense did it make to locate the corporate offices in Virginia and incorporate in New York state? Two of the worst states in the Union for 2A rights?
Of course the NRA will just use the excuse that the correct way to fight this is at the Supreme Court level. Uh no.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2019/07/shit-s ... z64kG2fnTV
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Former board member

I was a “reform” NRA Board member along with Neal Knox for 9 years in the 1990s. After being blocked at every point, we tried to remove Wayne in 1997 in Seattle. We lost 32-33 with director David Workman crossing over to block the reform. My head spun when he announced hjs vote. Over the next 3 election cycles all 32 of us were purged by Wayne’s sycophants on the Board. Then procedural and By-law changes were made in this century to guarantee there will NEVER AGAIN be a member’s revolt. The NRA belongs to Wayne’s in-group of die hard supporters. THEY, members of the current Board, are 100% responsible for the present disaster. Do not look to them, the board, or salvation.

A 76 member Board is designed to be ineffective, especially when a third or more are Celebs and Pols who seldom attend a board meeting, prefer knowing nothing, and willingly vote as told by the in-group. A 13 member board might be able to INDEPENDENTLY direct, a 76 member cannot

Wayne’s present employment arrangements and the NRAs By-laws make effective Board action impossible. Neither Wayne nor his sycophant directors can be removed. They are right now working to remove boat-rocking directors from Committees and setting them up to not be renominated in the future. There is no room for truth or responsibility in the NRA’s upper echelons.

The rot is so deep and so wide, AND so built-in that I despair of any viable future for the NRA .
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

The reply cedestech just posted comes from the comments section of that ammoland article. Please folks. Take some time and read the ammoland article.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

That was cut and paste from the comment section, it like all the other comments are from anonymous posters. So you should take them with a grain of salt… But a lot of the comments have lots of names, and dates, and events that are noted that make you believe the validity If not at least except that there’s some merit to it.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
AMB
A Poster
A Poster

Post by AMB »

In talking to a staffer within the last few months, the person pretty verified some of what the article mentioned. Staff morale was low, pay was low Wayne and cronies making a crapload. The person did comment that as depressing as the state of affairs were, the membership still has the power to "right the ship". But a lot of gates and roadblocks have been put in the way. Al Bean, MCRC
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

I knew there were problems in the NRA but this article is very eye opening. This is not good.
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

Most of us are behind OUR NRA 100% for our gun rights.We have a considerable amount of money invested in membership,
entry fees and time in building our clubs into places that promote NRA competitions.
It saddens me that the upper part of the organization has become “SWAMPY” with executive privilege.
Not much we can do to save that part of NRA.
As silhouette competitors to save our sport it may be necessary to elect our own representatives per discipline to a committee.
Over the past years the ( Top down)management seems to have disrupted what was once a pretty good system.
Therefore we can either wait and see what the mystery panels of Competitions or Silhouette have in store for us.Hey they may surprise us and come up with a good plan.If that turns out not to be the case,we should prepare by discussion here or other social media to represent ourselves to the NRA.
PLEASE,don’t burn me at the stake for suggesting to think about it.
I can think of a few who would be highly qualified and willing to take on the task as representatives.
You probably do too.
Thank You
Randy Ent
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Loony tunes to hire a legal firm that supports Hillary Clinton and pay them tens of millions of dollars.
Loony tunes to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars in one year on tailored business suits.
If the millions donated by the membership had not been squandered in such crazy ways, we would not have these restrictions on second amendment rights.
If you do not think in the future that you will have to give up silhouette because of the legislation passed by "gun violence activists", you are wrong.
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

"If we do not hang together we will surely hang separately."
Ben Franklin

Also since every club is insured by the NRA who will insure them if the NRA fails. Bloomberg, Soros?
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

I am president of one rifle club and a member/long time match director at another range.
Neither clubs have any kind of NRA insurance that I am aware of?
I do see on the NRA green form(Form 10-SIL-F-13r1) under the title:
"IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING LIABILITY WHILE CONDUCTING NRA TOURNAMENTS OR OTHER ACTIVITIES"-
Statements stated in every way possible that the NRA is not responsible for accidents but everyone else is responsible for accidents.
Not complaining about that denial of liability statement but.
Could you explain what you mean by insurance through the NRA?
(Post Script: I know exactly what Soros and Bloomberg are up to. The question is what is La Pierre up to? I am never sure what he is going to do next.)
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

The insurance may be a state thing. My state has ridiculous rules about insurance that no other states do.
I agree with Randy Ent. (If I understand his post correctly) We may need to look into taking more responsibly about our sport. After all this is our sport not any group or organization's. Its ours. We should be more active in the direction it goes.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

The Silhouette shooters who shoot and spot the sport a lot know that there is no other hobby out there like it. It is the most challenging and complex thing I have ever tried.
Many people have sacrificed their time and money to see silhouette become a successful sport. If our sanctioning body loved silhouette and saw the worth in it like all of us do, there is no telling what levels of popularity we could reach.