Winchester 1890 WRF

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Winchester 1890 WRF

Post by OnaginOffagin »

I have an antique Winchester 1890 pump gun in .22 WRF-- given to me by my late Grandfather ( born in 1882) -- and which is the first rifle I ever owned. With a little work, it will run. Is it legal on the line for lever action rifle silhouette? .22 only? Pistol caliber?
"Honor, Respect, Service, Humility....." (Lt. Gen. Hal Moore 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry)
DAVIDMAGNUM
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Winchester 1890 WRF

Post by DAVIDMAGNUM »

From a non match director : It looks like you could use it for the pistol caliber game as a Club Gun?
For small bore lever action the rules specify 22LR ONLY.

Of course, for a monthly match you might be allowed to try it on the Rimfire animals and if it doesn't cause damage........
One of the things that I love about this game is the laid back attitude. Most folks (I hope) would let you shoot the Rimfire match just for the cool factor.

Hopefully someone more intimate with the rules will chime in.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the days of old when men were bold, and a quarter was still worth a dime.
Maryland's Eastern Shore
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Winchester 1890 WRF

Post by 44 mag »

Pumps are only allowed in the small bore class in lever action silhouette and it can only be a 22 long rifle. It cannot be used in a pistol cartridge match unless the MD at a local club match would allow it as a club gun class or something along those lines.