Anyone using or tried this Timney 2 stage trigger?

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Anyone using or tried this Timney 2 stage trigger?

Post by Dee »

Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Anyone using or tried this Timney 2 stage trigger?

Post by Doodaddy »

I think Frank Carillo uses that one. It's been years since I spoke to him about it, but I do believe that is the trigger he used.

It was a trigger I considered in my build, but I ultimately wanted to reduce the second stage lower than the 8oz the Timney offered.
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
Joaquin B
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Joaquin B »

I bought a rifle from Frank and It came with a Bix N Andy 2 stage trigger. I liked it so much I ordered another one for my Hunter rifle.

The Timney triggers are not bad, but they are not to the level of Bix N' Andy.
Joaquin B
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

I would also recommend the bix tac sport. I know a master level shooter who had issues with his tac sport 2 stage not holding weight at the nationals so there is that. I wish mine had a bit more over travel but it is noticeably crisper than my timney tikka and cz triggers I have had (although they are different geometry so apples to oranges).
jbmarshtx
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbmarshtx »

I have shot this one:

https://timneytriggers.com/2-stage-remi ... -w-safety/

I also have a Bix-n-Andy. I like the Bix better as it is easier to adjust. The Bix has a few different blade choices if you want. It does not come pre-adjusted, and if you change the trigger blade, you have to re-adjust. The timney comes pre-adjusted at 1# first stage and 1.5# second stage. It was the first 2 stage trigger that I'd used. I was using trigger tech single stage before that.

If you are interested in the timney, I'll make a really good deal on it shipped to you.
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

jbmarshtx wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:29 am I have shot this one:

https://timneytriggers.com/2-stage-remi ... -w-safety/

I also have a Bix-n-Andy. I like the Bix better as it is easier to adjust. The Bix has a few different blade choices if you want. It does not come pre-adjusted, and if you change the trigger blade, you have to re-adjust. The timney comes pre-adjusted at 1# first stage and 1.5# second stage. It was the first 2 stage trigger that I'd used. I was using trigger tech single stage before that.

If you are interested in the timney, I'll make a really good deal on it shipped to you.
So the preset weights on the 2 stage Timney trigger are not user adjustable to put whatever amount of pull weight on each stage? I'm looking for more ability to adjust the 1st stage to 1.5# and the 2nd to around a little over 1/2#. A second stage set at only 1/2# less than my current single stage wouldn't help me much,

Thanks for your information I really appreciate it, the little details make all the difference.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
jbmarshtx
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbmarshtx »

I bought mine from opticsplanet, and it was pre-adjusted. I'm sure that if you buy from Brownells...it will be pre-adjusted. You may be able to get it like you want from Timney. They are generally good to respond to emails and/or calls.Having said that, you can adjust it. The timney adjustment is vial allen screw and a hex lock nut. I think that they also have wax on them that you would need to remove. I have adjusted a single stage timney rimfire, but I did not try to adjust this one. I believe that Timney provides some instruction on adjustment.

Trigger tech single stage and the Bix are both allen wrench adjustable. The BixNAndy is pretty adjustable for 1st, 2nd, and sear.