The Coop collapsed.

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

The Coop collapsed.

Post by Doodaddy »

The 2021 ice storm got the best of The Coop and it has collapsed. We've really enjoyed the matches and memories that we've been fortunate enough to share with everyone over the years, but the future looks pretty bleak honestly. We knew that there was some sort of expiration date on this match, but we wanted it on our terms rather than stripped from us. I'm sorry to everyone who had planned on attending this year, but I don't know what we could have done even if this hadn't have happened a week out from the date. I had some really nice trophies for class winners as well as match winners. Not real sure what to do with them now.

To those that paid electronically, I'll have you refunded shortly. Those that mailed checks, Danny/Vickie will get that portion sorted out.

Thanks everyone.

I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
Canon82
B Poster
B Poster

Re: The Coop collapsed.

Post by Canon82 »

Really sad !!!
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

My heart is as crushed as that poor Coop.

This unique match was something I looked forward to each year as it was the only opportunity to shoot silhouette in a no-wind environment. Garin, Danny, and the rest of the Hatch team always put on a great match with generous hospitality.

Garin, keep whatever portion of my entry fees you choose to help offset the expenses you've already incurred and will not recoup.

Get it? Re-COOP?!? (Sorry... Dad-joke.)

My heart goes out to the whole Team Hatch community.
Allen Corneau
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

I appreciate the offer, but I sent out the PayPal refund a few minutes after the original post.

I've got some really nice cutting boards and tumblers I may put up for donation or something. I'd hate for them to go to waste since they're so nice, though they were very specific in what they were engraved with so it may be of no interest to anyone lol
edgehit
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by edgehit »

Sorry to hear the news. I’ve always wanted to attend this match but work was always in the way.
- Joe
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

My condolences for you loss....

:ympray:
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

Garin, I will buy all the awards/trophies you have. We’ve got matches coming up that they can be repurposed for.

Dustin
ShootingStar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ShootingStar »

Doodaddy,
Really sorry this happened to your facility. I really wanted to attend some day! That just goes to show that any of us should NOT WAIT, because you never know what tomorrow brings!

On a different, but related note:
Dustin beat me to it! If there are some/any trophies or awards that Dustin does not want, let me know. I am putting on a Smallbore Silhouette State Match (North Carolina) and looking for unique award possibilities.

Thanks,
ShootingStar - aka Greg Chandler
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

dustinflint wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:41 am Garin, I will buy all the awards/trophies you have. We’ve got matches coming up that they can be repurposed for.

Dustin
Much appreciated.
ShootingStar wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:46 am Doodaddy,
Really sorry this happened to your facility. I really wanted to attend some day! That just goes to show that any of us should NOT WAIT, because you never know what tomorrow brings!

On a different, but related note:
Dustin beat me to it! If there are some/any trophies or awards that Dustin does not want, let me know. I am putting on a Smallbore Silhouette State Match (North Carolina) and looking for unique award possibilities.

Thanks,
ShootingStar - aka Greg Chandler
You certainly do not know; we certainly didn't. I hope to see you some time this year if things work out in my favor.
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

Life isn’t about getting knocked down. It’s about getting up and back into the fight.
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.