2021 Missouri HP and Hunting Rifle Regional Silhouette Championship

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

2021 Missouri HP and Hunting Rifle Regional Silhouette Championship

Post by Snake »

Oh Yes, The Missouri Regional will take place on June 12 and June 13. The program and entry form are attached. One can examine the facilities at www.shootingstl.com and for the trendy among you the Bench Rest Club has a facebook page with lots of postings from the NRL folks :-? The 2020 Regional was an actual success even though a bunch of folks couldn't make it.
2021_ Entry_and_Fee_Form_online[23550].pdf
2021 Match-regional program.pdf
Remember early entries and check or money orders...]For those of you who were emailed entry forms there's no need to download this one....duh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: 2021 Missouri HP and Hunting Rifle Regional Silhouette Championship

Post by Snake »

Time is growing short.... get those entries in
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Emietenkorte »

Snake wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:26 am Oh Yes, The Missouri Regional will take place on June 12 and June 13. The program and entry form are attached. One can examine the facilities at www.shootingstl.com and for the trendy among you the Bench Rest Club has a facebook page with lots of postings from the NRL folks :-? The 2020 Regional was an actual success even though a bunch of folks couldn't make it. 2021_ Entry_and_Fee_Form_online[23550].pdf2021 Match-regional program.pdf Remember early entries and check or money orders...]For those of you who were emailed entry forms there's no need to download this one....duh
Sorry if this is a stupid question but would you mind clarifying the course of fire? Is there a distinction between standard and hunter rifle. Do we just choose which rifle rifle we're shooting? I'm just trying to figure out how much ammo to bring for each rifle if I end up going. Thanks!
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Snake »

Very simply there are 3 40 round matches, hence 120 rounds for the tournament for each rifle; 120 for standard rifle 120 for hunting rifle. If you shoot both rifles you will shoot 240 rounds, Standard and hunting rifles are squadded together separated into relays. For example suppose you are on relay 1 chickens standard rifle your mate will be on relay 2 behind you shooting standard, you then will be on relay 3 chickens hunting rifle and your mate then will be on relay 4 hunting rifle. I have managed to work things out over the last 15 years where we move right along even with single rifle competitors...it does require attention and cooperation. We have 12 firing positions, there are 6 5 target bays, a covered and marked concrete firing line. Each position is roughly 6 foot apart....no hugging and kissing [-x
Grizz61
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Grizz61 »

It is a great shoot and a lot of fun. It is different than most any other match I have shot and something every High Power shooter should experience. It pains me deeply that I will most likely not be able to make it this year, hopefully next year.
Grizz

Let's shoot some STEEL!!
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Emietenkorte »

Snake wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:30 am Very simply there are 3 40 round matches, hence 120 rounds for the tournament for each rifle; 120 for standard rifle 120 for hunting rifle. If you shoot both rifles you will shoot 240 rounds, Standard and hunting rifles are squadded together separated into relays. For example suppose you are on relay 1 chickens standard rifle your mate will be on relay 2 behind you shooting standard, you then will be on relay 3 chickens hunting rifle and your mate then will be on relay 4 hunting rifle. I have managed to work things out over the last 15 years where we move right along even with single rifle competitors...it does require attention and cooperation. We have 12 firing positions, there are 6 5 target bays, a covered and marked concrete firing line. Each position is roughly 6 foot apart....no hugging and kissing [-x
Thank you for the clarification! I really do appreciate it. I think if the phrase "per rifle" was added to the course of fire in the match program it might be less confusing to those that have never been to it.

Something to the effect of...
[Two (2) forty (40) round registered NRA silhouette matches, one immediately following the other will be held on JUNE 12 and one (1) forty (40) round registered match will be held on JUNE 13 for the best of 120 targets "per rifle"]

Anyways, thanks again!
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Snake »

If you can shoot one or both rifles (see the program) why would one think that the 120 round championship is not referring to each division (hunting and Standard) or if you can shoot one or both why would one think that if NRA rules are applicable (see the program) shooting both division guns would diminish or change the course of fire? Thanks anyway for your suggestion - but confusion about the course of fire has never been an issue.. :D
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Emietenkorte »

Snake wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:06 pm If you can shoot one or both rifles (see the program) why would one think that the 120 round championship is not referring to each division (hunting and Standard) or if you can shoot one or both why would one think that if NRA rules are applicable (see the program) shooting both division guns would diminish or change the course of fire? Thanks anyway for your suggestion - but confusion about the course of fire has never been an issue.. :D
okay... thanks...
Last edited by Emietenkorte on Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

There maybe 3 in our group.How many relays are there?
Entry was sent today.
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Snake »

Time limits us to 6 relays...maybe 7. Thus 72 guns if I can conjure up the correct squadding.... history shows there are more two gun entries than single gun. Obviously I get get more singles in. For example 3 two gun guys fill 6 relays .
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

Snake,perfect,6 relays would work ,thank you.