Rifle Silhouette Hold

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Rifle Silhouette Hold

Post by Emietenkorte »

Hi everyone, I shared this video on social media, however I thought it might be a good resource for those without access to that. Hope it can do some good. Get out there and shoot some steel!

~Erich

https://youtu.be/mmUTuKyuNQk
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Rifle Silhouette Hold

Post by thauglor »

Very nice video, and good hold too. What tool did you use to get the video? Seems like an awesome thing to have
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

"Try not to hesitate, if you're on target, take the shot. It's easy to get locked up by trying to make a great shot better."

I cannot tell you the frequency of the struggle between "yoooo I should really break now, that would be perfect" and "don't rush your shot, there's no way it's right yet". I was once told that I was trying too hard which seemed like the dumbest thing someone had ever said to me until I realized that they were completely correct because I was hesitating and holding too long. Which that only feeds to anxiety concerning time, muscle fatigue, and overall just being in the wrong headspace.

Very cool video.
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Emietenkorte »

thauglor wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:04 am Very nice video, and good hold too. What tool did you use to get the video? Seems like an awesome thing to have
Thank you! I have one of these...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMm7Payee0U&t=16s
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

Emietenkorte wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:15 am
thauglor wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:04 am Very nice video, and good hold too. What tool did you use to get the video? Seems like an awesome thing to have
Thank you! I have one of these...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMm7Payee0U&t=16s
I've livestreamed matches before and it's not something that translated well to a video format. Now if someone were to shoot a match that way and capture audio from the spotter and the shooter....that's something I'd watch. Outstanding.
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Erich,

Thanks for taking the time to do that video. It takes a bit of bravery to put your performance up for all the world to see. It's probably a bit easier for someone as good as you versus us mere mortals.
Allen Corneau
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Emietenkorte »

acorneau wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:01 am Erich,

Thanks for taking the time to do that video. It takes a bit of bravery to put your performance up for all the world to see. It's probably a bit easier for someone as good as you versus us mere mortals.
Hey Allen, Thanks for your kind words. I just hope someone can gleam something from it that will help them in their shooting endeavors.
pdeal
A Poster
A Poster

Post by pdeal »

Very nice!

It would be a really helpful thing to do such a video with say beginner, intermediate, and really good (already have that one) holds. Then do some coaching narration along with it. With the idea of helping those of us make the best of a bad hold.
ywltzucanrknrl
A Poster
A Poster

Post by ywltzucanrknrl »

Nice video Erich, thanks for posting it. Great shooting---, very nice consistent approach, very smooth with a nice trigger break and great follow through!
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Emietenkorte »

pdeal wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:49 am Very nice!

It would be a really helpful thing to do such a video with say beginner, intermediate, and really good (already have that one) holds. Then do some coaching narration along with it. With the idea of helping those of us make the best of a bad hold.
I've actually started the filming process to make a video comparing different holds of shooters in different classifications with this exact intent! COVID has definitely slowed this process down but I will hopefully be able to finish it soon!
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

Doodaddy wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:04 am "Try not to hesitate, if you're on target, take the shot. It's easy to get locked up by trying to make a great shot better."

I cannot tell you the frequency of the struggle between "yoooo I should really break now, that would be perfect" and "don't rush your shot, there's no way it's right yet". I was once told that I was trying too hard which seemed like the dumbest thing someone had ever said to me until I realized that they were completely correct because I was hesitating and holding too long. Which that only feeds to anxiety concerning time, muscle fatigue, and overall just being in the wrong headspace.

Very cool video.
A wise man (wise ass?) no, a wise man once told me "take the first good shot you have". Now if only I could follow good advice.
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.