Accu-Trigger Idea?

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
tmarshall
B Poster
B Poster

Accu-Trigger Idea?

Post by tmarshall »

I have not shot a Savage with this trigger, and have only seen pictures and read how the trigger works. They have one they put on varmint rifles that can be adjusted to like six ounces. I'm wondering if it would not be possible to increase the weight of the spring that keeps the sear from engaging so it would hold the legal trigger weight, but once depressed and sear engaged the trigger would be light acting somewhat like a two stage trigger?
dwl
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dwl »

I'd like to read more about the Accu-Trigger too from people who have actually used them. I shot one at the range recently. It was on a heavy barreled Savage in 223. The trigger wasn't too bad but did have a strange quirk. If I started the to press the center lever of the trigger and then let off the trigger locked. If I pressed the center lever from the side then it locked. Unlocking the trigger required cycling the bolt handle.

I found this unacceptable for offhand shooting since I want to be able to back off the trigger if my hold isn't good.

My interest in the Savage stems from their new target action that they are marketing as an action only. I wondered if that might make a nice basis for a project gun. So let us know if you've shot the Accu-trigger and what you think.

dwl
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

I'm not too informed on the Savage products (along with just about every thing else) but there is a guy in the Hassayampa gun club that is tinkering around with one of their actions, icecubenad@cox.net is his e-mail address. A warning to go with this is in order, you will probably be put on his contact list, and every time he turns on his lathe, he will send you an e-mail describing in complete detail everything that he is doing now, past and future projects.