good scope for Diana springer rifle to get started?

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
CoolArrowMarksman
B Poster
B Poster

good scope for Diana springer rifle to get started?

Post by CoolArrowMarksman »

I've got a friend who loaned me his Diana springer / Side cocking air rifle.
I figured it might be good enough to start shooting the local air rifle silhouette matches in Texas.

What is a decent scope for a springer air rifle?
I'll have an EFR with a tiny dot after the one I sent off to have the reticle changed to Cheryl Ackerman.
seems like a fun and cheap way to get trigger time.

When I save up some coins I'd like to check out that FX Dream rifle and go all in if I can find a decent practice space
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: good scope for Diana springer rifle to get started?

Post by acorneau »

My springer (TX200) currently has a Weaver T-24 on it right now. The Weaver scopes are good to go for springers (the more recent Japanese ones, not sure about the older steel El Paso ones.)

I previously had a Leupold M8 24X on it but it had a small dot, so when I got the additional Weaver it got swapped. It was a good scope as well, and arguably the glossy scope looked a little better on the rifle.
Allen Corneau
CoolArrowMarksman
B Poster
B Poster

Looks like the M8 Leupold only parallaxes down to 50 yards.
Was that a major barrier for you shooting at air rifle distances?
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

CoolArrowMarksman wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:35 pm Looks like the M8 Leupold only parallaxes down to 50 yards.
Was that a major barrier for you shooting at air rifle distances?
I learned how to change the parallax range on the M8 scopes, so it was set to 20 yards at the bottom and 45/50 yards at the max.

Read the post here: viewtopic.php?t=13855
Allen Corneau
richard
A Poster
A Poster

Post by richard »

The scope you choose is important but do not overlook the importance of a good set of rings/mount. If you have the rifle I think you have it has a pretty strong recoil so you need a good solid mount(I prefer one piece types). I don't recall if that rifle has counterbores for a stop pin on the scope rail. If it does you want to invest in a mount that comes with that. If you use just run of the mill rings the scope very well might move due to recoil.

Otherwise the rifle should work well for airgun silo and will really send those little animals flying!

Rich B.
Richard
CoolArrowMarksman
B Poster
B Poster

Thank you both for the info!
I'm going to check in to the M8 parallax adjustment and I'm also going to see about getting a one piece mount for the scope.
I'm in San Antonio, I was hoping CTSA hosted an air rifle day, but it looks like it's just ARC and then a bunch of different clubs in houston.

I'm just looking forward to trigger time on a real low budget at the moment.