Grand Slam Pins

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
DAVIDMAGNUM
A Poster
A Poster

Grand Slam Pins

Post by DAVIDMAGNUM »

This is a question for anyone that has received their Grand Slam pin and certificate recently. After five months of waiting I got a letter from the NRA that I have been awarded the Grand Slam. The letter stated that the pin and certificate were included. Has anyone received a letter of notification and then later the pin and certificate ?

Before I email the NRA and wait for a response I figured I would ask here. Most likely faster.

Thanks
David
In the days of old when men were bold, and a quarter was still worth a dime.
Maryland's Eastern Shore
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Re: Grand Slam Pins

Post by mordecai »

My letter, certificate and pin showed up all at once last week for PC-LAR.
ImageImage
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Emietenkorte »

I spoke to Aaron at the NRA a week or two ago and he had mentioned that he had a large stack of certificates to print off in the next few weeks so yours is probably in that stack. It took me two years to get my first grand slam certificate after the final 10 was completed... let's just say they don't always make these a priority.
cowtownscout
B Poster
B Poster

Post by cowtownscout »

WOW two years, that is rediculous. Mine were not recent, got my first Grand Slam in 1995 and my last in 2003. But I have not shot a Silhouette match since about 2015. I have five GS including Outdoor Target Air Rifle Number 1 which took me 6 years to complete it in 1995.

There use to be an NRA web page that listed all the Grand Slam winners showing the discipline the GS number, the persons name and the state they lived in at the time of the GS. Does anyone know if that still exists somewhere?
Last edited by cowtownscout on Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Outdoor Target Air Rifle Grand Slam #1, 1995
Indoor Air Pistol GS #67, 1998
Outdoor Air Pistol GS #102, 2000
Smallbore Hunter Rifle GS #76, 2001
Outdoor Open Air Rifle GS #21, 2003
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

And today, my SBLAR pin showed up! 6 weeks turnaround. :D
ImageImage