Scopes are coming!

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: Scopes are coming!

Post by DavidABQ »

Emietenkorte wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:46 pm
DavidABQ wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:16 am I hope to find someone with the diamond reticle so I can look through it. I have a pair of FX-3 25x40 with the 1/2 minute dot and I can’t say that I am a fan of those scopes. I am currently using a VX3i in 6.5-20 and the duplex reticle; I like this set-up much better! I think the 25 power was too much scope for me and getting the eye relief was tricky.

A brighter 6.5-20 sounds good but that diamond reticle is big unknown for me and on a $800 scope I like to have at least look through it.

Still, I am very happy to see the 6.5-20 remain in the line-up.
This video should give you a good idea of what it looks like. In the video I actually give you the view through both the old VX-3i with a half-minute dot and the new diamond reticle. Hope that helps.

Erich

https://youtu.be/1KOBEwcZ2jg
Erich,

Thank you for the video; I watched it and it confirmed that I do not want the diamond reticle. Too busy; I will stick with a simple duplex reticle. Thank you very much.
Grantmac
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Grantmac »

Current diamond looks okay but 3-4x the size would be amazing.
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

RBriscoe wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:21 pm Where are the new scopes available?
Anyone have an update on where available and how much?
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Emietenkorte »

hermit5 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:39 pm
They're available at Eurooptic...
https://www.eurooptic.com/Leupold-VX-3H ... 82666.aspx
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

hermit5 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:39 pm
PM sent, i can get you a better price than the Eurooptic
Last edited by thauglor on Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grantmac
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Grantmac »

I wonder if one of those external boosters would be able to get it up near 30x?
c4p6t7r188
B Poster
B Poster

Post by c4p6t7r188 »

Hey guys,

I just received my diamond reticle Leupold VX3HD 6.5-20x 1" and I couldn't be happier. I highly recommend purchasing from Thauglor, he will get you a great price and ships it out ASAP!

This scope is 1-2oz? more than the previous VX3i, so with my .1 scale it weighs the same overall. If you have caps from your VX3i they will also fit this *Outer objective 2.030" and outer eyepiece is 1.560"* Even though I never plan on changing the magnification I like the little throw lever. I LOVE the matte colored turrets with thick crisp lines! So many times I would change my cap position for zero and I'm like uhhh *close one eye* yea I think it's dead center...turning the turrets has such a great solid tactile click.

I love the diamond reticle; it feels great looking through to your target, I like it a lot more than my target dot which I mainly focus on the dot. The diamond looks to be the same size as my 3/8 dot. My wife on the other hand prefers the target dot because she rather focus on the dot. To each their own.

If you're on the fence wanting a vx3i or a "target dot", immediately get the VX3HD with the diamond!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
c4p6t7r188
B Poster
B Poster

Post by c4p6t7r188 »

I'm terrible at taking reticle pictures, but I may try doing a comparison picture later on, but I think it's shown well in the video.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RBriscoe
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by RBriscoe »

The last time I spoke with Leupold, the people who had worked in the custom shop have been transferred to the production line to try to better meet demand. It's a sound business decision. The custom shop is closed "indefinitely" for this reason. They said that they had a number of shooters try various reticles and the diamond was the most popular so I doubt they will again offer a dot reticle. The new scopes seem to be available on a regular basis. The one I got is nice and clear, but I have not used it long enough to say just how repeatable the clicks are over time, but I have no reason to believe that they will not be as durable as they have been in the past.