2023 West Coast Regional Lever Match April 28th - 30th

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

2023 West Coast Regional Lever Match April 28th - 30th

Post by TheBugFather »

2023 WEST COAST LEVER ACTION SILHOUETTE RIFLE REGIONAL MATCH
April 28th to 30th, 2023
HOSTED BY: LASC - LOS ANGELES SILHOUETTE CLUB

MATCH SCHEDULE:

PISTOL CARTRIDGE MATCH: TWO 40-SHOT MATCHES @ 9:00AM & APPROXIMATELY 1:00 PM - FRIDAY, APRIL 28TH, 2023

SMALLBORE MATCH: TWO 40-SHOT MATCHES @ 9:00 AM & APPROXIMATELY 1:00PM - SATURDAY, APRIL 29TH, 2023

RIFLE CARTRIDGE MATCH: TWO 40-SHOT MATCHES @ 09:00 AM & APPROXIMATELY 1:00 PM - SUNDAY, APRIL 30TH, 2023

small 2018CALever-00406.jpg
No worries traveling to California, here are a few things I've heard and need to dispel:

No problem with crossing the boarder with your firearms and ammunition, they don't "check them" at the border, the check point is to stop fruit from entering from out of state.

You need to travel with your unloaded rifles in the trunk of your car or some place not easily accessible.

Ammunition is always kept separate.

Handguns would be strange to bring to a rifle match, but if you do, they must be kept unloaded in a locked container in the trunk.

All of our Covid restrictions have been lifted, some for some time now.

We plan on having a raffle for a great prize, please stay tuned, hopefully other door prize goodies.

We have camping and RV 110 volt hook ups with water available.

We have Bathrooms, Food Service and an Air Conditioned Club house.

At this point, we can accommodate 60+ shooters per match, this is mainly because we are still new at this.

We have 10 banks of targets, but we will probably be using only 8 banks or less depending on participation.

We are located about 30 miles Northwest of downtown Los Angeles against the edge of the Angeles National Forest, Burbank Airport is the closest to us.

Please download the program for more information and let me know if you have any other questions.

Hope to see you soon.

Thanks, Dennis Ostler
2023 WEST COAST LEVER ACTION MATCH Info and Entry form.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by TheBugFather on Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The Bug Father
...I don't like recoil, but I love to experiment.
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: 2023 West Coast Regional Lever Match April 28th - 30th

Post by TheBugFather »

2022CALever-5101.jpg
Here is a link to our State Match, held last year... Enjoy

https://thebugfather.smugmug.com/2022-C ... /n-3FkvMR/

Dennis Ostler
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Bug Father
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

Registration incoming!
ImageImage
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Update - 2023 West Coast Regional Lever Match April 28th - 30th

Post by TheBugFather »

Update - working on raffle and Grand Prize!

Looking to get a Henry Rifle or a pair of Canon Image Stabilized Binoculars!

We already got a commitment from Starline Brass and working on a few others.

Thanks, Dennis Ostler
The Bug Father
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Email Entry Form - 2023 West Coast Regional Lever Match April 28th - 30th

Post by TheBugFather »

Here is an Emailable PDF file, you can email me and Zelle me the entry or mail a check.
Hoping this helps encourage earlier entries.

Thanks, Dennis Ostler
Last edited by TheBugFather on Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Bug Father
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

TheBugFather wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:01 pm Here is an Emailable PDF file, you can email me and Zelle me the entry or mail a check.
Hoping this helps encourage earlier entries.

Thanks, Dennis Ostler
I'd like to see more matches go strictly online/pre-entry...

This is 2023. If someone is incapable of entering they have a friend or family member who can do it for them.

A match of any size (state, regional, national) is a nightmare to plan for with people not entering till the last minute or day of.

It's rude and should cease... to be fair on the other side, matches entries need to be released 6 months or more ahead so people can make arrangements so they don't have to enter last minute.

It's good for everyone.

IMHO, YMMV...
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by TheBugFather »

Emmett, I wholeheartedly agree!

On the club level I’m working on trying to get firm dates to run this match, but as you know that has its own issues.

We are hoping that this is an annual event

We alternate with Northern California for the State Lever Action match every other year. This year we are putting on a regional in April and our State match is in Northern California in May.

Next year we will be hosting the State match in May.

If I can just assure more people that it isn’t a problem traveling to California.

Thanks Emmett, next years might be a online sign up portal or at least you can submit an entry in advance, it makes it so much more convenient to plan food, trophies and all the other things that go into putting on a big match.

Dennis Ostler
The Bug Father
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

TheBugFather wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:52 pm
Thanks Emmett, next years might be a online sign up portal or at least you can submit an entry in advance, it makes it so much more convenient to plan food, trophies and all the other things that go into putting on a big match.

Dennis Ostler
People "say" they understand but until they have done it they really don't.

The money will work itself out in the end but you need a fairly firm head count months before the match for trophies (if there is only 2 B-class shooters no reason to spend another $30+ dollars on a 3rd place B trophy) and catering and or door prizes. It's a pain and should be treated the same as if a friend has invited you to their wedding.

A lot of other disciplines require pre-paid/pre-registration. Why we have to be stuck in the stone age is beyond me. Neither of the gun clubs I belong to (that each have been around 50+ years) allow you to mail a check in anymore. You have to go online, register and pay.

Brandon Marsh in a former life hosted (I believe) youth swim meets and he uses a online portal for his High Power match that is quick and easy. Takes a credit card right then and there. All the info is put in, paid secure, they take their fee (which If I remember right was basically the CC processing fee) and send him the registration and money is deposited into an account.

A lot of matches use Practice Score for registration as well. Again, it's a nominal fee.

Anywho... just venting, it's a peeve of mine that very few people realize how big a deal it really is.

:D
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
JohnHenry
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by JohnHenry »

Emmett, I certainly agree about shooters registering early for the match . I have been told by Mike Haynes the smallbore and highpower shooters as a whole wait until the last month to register. From the way the entries are trickling in, I have to agree with that.

This is a call to all smallbore and highpower shooters who plan to attend the NRA Nationals this July at Whittington Center to send in your entries NOW. Don't wait. We have to plan for trophies, prizes, dinner, and whole myriad of items that you may not be aware of. So it is imperative we have your registration. Please. We'll even hold your check until June if that helps.

Jim Luke
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by TheBugFather »

Thank you Jim Luke, hopefully you will be able to make our April Match.

Dennis Ostler
The Bug Father
squinty_shooter
A Poster
A Poster

Post by squinty_shooter »

If you are going to shoot a match, register! It is that simple. Help the people that do the work to put on the match be able to prepare properly.
JMHO
Squinty
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by TheBugFather »

Not very many entries yet, about 14 so far.

Hopefully we will have a larger turnout at the last moment.

Here is a list of Motels that are only an exit or two from the range, they don't seems to show up on Hotels.com but are available by computer search.

Mt Gleason Motorlodge
7927 Foothill Blvd.
Sunland, CA 91040
818-352-7112

Harmony Motel
7716 Foothill Blvd
Tujunga, CA 91042
818-352-1719

Travel Inn
7254 Foothill Blvd
Tujunga, CA 91042
818-352-5951

Hope some of you can make it, and if not, hope for next years Memoral Day California State Match.

Thanks, Dennis Ostler
The Bug Father
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by TheBugFather »

mordecai wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:43 pm Registration incoming!
Thanks, I received your entry today.

Please check out the above list of close by motels.

Thanks again, Dennis
The Bug Father