Yard distance correctly sized Smallbore swingers

This is what we do.
SteveD
AA Poster
AA Poster

Yard distance correctly sized Smallbore swingers

Post by SteveD »

The range I can paractice at (No Silhouette range there) will permit swingers but they must be at the berm distances they have which are the standard, 25, 50, 75, and 100 yards.

1/5 sized Smallbore swingers would be fun to shoot at but not very good practice.

I contacted Calvin at Quality Targets.https://www.qualitytargets.com/

He resized his drawings to make me a set of swingers that are proportionally reduced in size to be correct for the yardages.

I was concerned the Chicken and Pig would be damaged due to the short distance ao I requested they be made from AR500, which he did.

Thank you Calvin!
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Yard distance correctly sized Smallbore swingers

Post by thauglor »

Calvin does great work. I would be more concerned with lead coming back at you from the chickens. I'm even more limited so I just bought his 40 yard swingers on 1 rail set
jbzeus
B Poster
B Poster

Post by jbzeus »

I’ve bought from Calvin. He was great to work with. He did a special scaling for me also for a limitation I have for a personal set.

Also bought 1/5th when I got Rimfire silhouette started at our club a few years ago. We bent up some turkeys and chickens in the first set so we replaced them with ar500and they have held up well but of course they take some damage.

New set I bought we made the chickens ar500 and 3/8 thick. Everything else ar500 as appropriate. The chickens give a satisfying thunk when they are hit. I love it when I hit them. These hold up well at our club.

A big thanks to Calvin.

Jeff
SteveD
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by SteveD »

thauglor wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 12:42 pm Calvin does great work. I would be more concerned with lead coming back at you from the chickens. I'm even more limited so I just bought his 40 yard swingers on 1 rail set
I am counting on the Chicken swinging out of the way and deflecting the lead downward. They are tiny.

And, of course, wearing eye protection. LOL