Ammo switching

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
H.Plummer
A Poster
A Poster

Ammo switching

Post by H.Plummer »

In light of recent conversations, I am, for the time being, going to shoot SB and PC with the same rifle. I plan to shoot standard velocity (Norma Tac22) for SB and switch to a high velocity (Eley Force? SK High Velocity Match?) for PC.
Our monthly matches are organized such that both classes are being shot at the same time, divided by relays. So, my question is this...
Will switching back and forth between different brands of ammo cause accuracy to suffer to any noticeable extent?
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Ammo switching

Post by Merlin »

Yes it will make a difference. But... Not enough to matter with an iron sight rifle shooting offhand. I would check it out and see if there are any big surprises but I doubt there will be a noticeable difference.

Try shooting 42 gr Eley Contact and you wont have to change ammo between targets.
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
H.Plummer
A Poster
A Poster

Post by H.Plummer »

Thanks, Merlin!
I would take your advice on shooting Eley Contact for both if it weren't for the fact that I have 3000 rounds of Tac22 on hand.
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
H.Plummer
A Poster
A Poster

Post by H.Plummer »

Just ordered up a 1000 rounds of Force. :-bd
375Short
A Poster
A Poster

Post by 375Short »

You will enjoy your choice. No reloading, no brass to pick up, no recoil and way less noise.