Air rifle suggestions

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
potterboy1
B Poster
B Poster

Air rifle suggestions

Post by potterboy1 »

I am looking for a decent air rifle with the following requirements:
1) Quiet enough to shoot indoors and won't scare my pets or wife (in that order :lol:)
2) Good accuracy so I can work on my form and know it's not the rifle.
3) new or used is ok
4) Decent price..500'ish
Thanks.
shooterer
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Air rifle suggestions

Post by shooterer »

Stand up for what is right.... even if you stand alone.
chickenhater
B Poster
B Poster

Post by chickenhater »

Lots of choices in this area. 10m guns can usually be picked up for a fraction of their original cost, anschutz 2002 ssp or fwb 600 series ssp rifles are great guns that can usually be had for $500 - $600.
Spring piston guns are also quiet in the medium to low powered range. HW 55's are a great choice, if you can find one in decent shape.
If one wants a rifle to mimick their SB rig, then a HW 95 is a good choice.
I tend to reccomend spring piston guns due to their hold sensitivity, it forces the shooter to repeat there hold and follow through precisely... so mo gooder practice.
PCP's are popular these days as they dont suffer from hold sensitivity like piston guns, but they require a lot of peripheral equipment, such as dive bottles, hand pumps or hp compressors. A PCP without a moderator can be rather noisy also.
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

I put a moderator sleeve into my lg400 10m and I can shoot it indoors in a hallway without any issue, the pellet hitting the duct putty pellet trap makes more noise
375Short
A Poster
A Poster

Post by 375Short »

Another source for Challenger:

https://www.creedmoorsports.com/product ... -air-rifle

My guess is with this rifle being picked up by many nation wide programs from ROTC to 4H it has a long life ahead for parts and maintenance supplies. If your desire grows into wanting it to be a open class rifle that can also be accomplished through

https://www.airgunrevisions.com/product ... roto-type/

As it comes from the box, it’s accurate, adjustable and reasonably easy on the ears. It is a little pricier than your listed price but is new and covered by a warranty. Air guns are shade tree tinkering dreams and the skill of the tinkering runs a wide berth. Not being a skilled air rifle tinkerer myself, used makes me nervous. PCP rifles do come with the additional price of needing some form of oxygen life support.