Weaver v24?

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Weaver v24?

Post by kevinpagano »

Does anyone know the dot size on the weaver v24 scope. says duplex dot on the specs.

Thanks

kevin
orangeblaster
B Poster
B Poster

Post by orangeblaster »

Kevin I can't make sense out of the weaver chart but here is a link to their specifications......
http://www.weaveroptics.com/Support/reticle.html
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

I know what you mean it doesnt even look like they match up at all with a scope. I have a v16 and that reticle doesnt match up with their specs.

Sheesh
orangeblaster
B Poster
B Poster

Post by orangeblaster »

for what ever it's worth... I've only fired a few shots with a rifle + a v24, but my brief experience was blurry :? I don't know if it was typical of the v24's but I couldn't see much until I turned down the magnification to 16. The T series seems to be worth it when turning up the volume past 16.
chickenchoker
A Poster
A Poster

Post by chickenchoker »

Kevin, could it be that the left column under V24- 16x24 (should really be 6x24) is how much the reticle covers at 6 power and the right column is what it covers on 24 power? I think the one labeled E should actually be D and on 6 power it covers .667 moa and on 24 power it covers .667/4=.167. Does that make sense? Weaver's V series scopes compare to the T series scopes like Leupold VX-II scopes compare to VX-III. Weaver uses the same type of tracking as the T series but some of the parts are plastic like in a VX-II. I own both types and they all work fine. If you want a variable scope with the same tracking system as the T series get a Grand Slam scope. I think they weigh a little more than the V scopes. If your looking for a scope with a dot, buy what you want and send it to TK Lee and have any size dot installed that you want. Hope this helps.
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

I think your right. I have wondered about that. I have a v16 on a CZ scout and I have been happy with that scope. The turrets arent very tough but they seem to work. I think I will start looking for a T 24 and maybe a kt15 for my other boy. The Bushnell Banners were the first scopes I bought when we started and didnt have much guidance at that time. The 4200 series worked well but sold those for the Leupold 24x for my annie.
chickenchoker
A Poster
A Poster

Post by chickenchoker »

I know that Sara Greer used to shoot a cz 452 with a V-16 that had a TK Lee dot and she was(and maybe still is) shooting master scores. Doug had a Cooper with a Grand Slam on it and he was shooting great scores too. That's a very small cross section of the total number of weaver scopes out there but that's pretty good results for one household.
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

The v16 i currently have has been a good scope 1/8 dot in it too small for me but my boys see better. What kind of turrets to the Grand Slams have. Seems like they are more of a hunter style than target or even the v series. I need it user friendly for my wife.
chickenchoker
A Poster
A Poster

Post by chickenchoker »

Kevin, if you go to orangeblaster's reply you can click on the weaver link that he has posted. Go to the bottom of that page and click on the riflescope link and then the Grand Slam page. There's a picture there of a turret. A target turret it ain't but it doesn't require a coin or screwdriver to change settings. Since it's 1/8 moa clicks it can be tough to keep up with what revolution of the turret your on, like the T series scopes. I use a drop of fingernail polish on my scope to tell at a glance if I'm on the right setting. It's easy to make changes with some denatured alcohol.
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

Great tip choker. I need to do some looking to find one in person.