single shot converted actions?

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
Evelio Mc Donald
Sponsor
Sponsor

SINGLE SHOT

Post by Evelio Mc Donald »

Troy
I think you miss understood my earlier statement, I totally agree with you, in the silhouette game, the difference in accuracy potential is non existend between the single or repeater actions. The only advantage of the single action, is not having to fool with loading the round in the magazine.
In the benchrest game, all actions are single shot, that is where you will see the real heavy barrels being used.
Sorry you can not, convert a factory repeater action into a single shot, and use it in the Hunter class, aka. installing a loading gate, you can in Std. but not in Hunter class.
Evelio.
Evelio
Troy G
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Troy G »

I am sorry I did misunderstand your post, Mr. Mc Donald. Thanks for the clarification.
GTKF
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTKF »

It's not the accuracy difference. I think Evelio stated it correctly. No concerns of loading, no jams, no limitation on cartridge length to fit the magazine, Those are the advantages of a single shot in Hunter

That being said with a Pharr stock and 2 stage trigger do we need 2 classes with the only difference being 1 lb of weight?

Ken
slowstdy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by slowstdy »

Ken, The classes are not all about the equipment they are about the shooting, 2 different games. HP Hunting you only need a 29 to make master. HP Rifle (standard) you need a 32.
We need both games....
Cheers Limey

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
GTKF
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTKF »

It will always be the shooting. Great equipment will not make an A shooter a Master. And a Master will shoot well with whatever is available.

Other than the fact I want another gun, I don't see much difference in guns between classes other than 1 Lb of weight. Perhaps we could use one gun and have 2 different scoring criteria. :^)

Ken