Weaver CT-24

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
Buckshot1822
B Poster
B Poster

Weaver CT-24

Post by Buckshot1822 »

Im looking for info on these scopes I cant seem to find any info on them. Are they good and clear? Do they track well? Im guess ing they are what was made to replace the old steel T25 and the forerunner to the new T24. I assume they are probably ok but just looking for anyone who has had any experience with one, or any info regardign them....
"The day guns are outlawed is the day I become an outlaw."
sobrbiker883
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by sobrbiker883 »

I tried to find info on CT-24 after reading this and couldn't find anything.

Then I was at the range sighting in my new EMc 1712, and noticed "CT24" on my objective bell.

I'd have to say that CT24 is the new T24's. Mine is one of the recently discontinued 1/2moa dot reticle with 1/4moa clicks.
Usually shooting scores right in class, too bad its the class below my classification!

Steve E
Bill the Lurker
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Bill the Lurker »

Then I was at the range sighting in my new EMc 1712, and noticed "CT24" on my objective bell.

So Steve,
how did the sight in go???
Whack a snowflake??
sobrbiker883
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by sobrbiker883 »

I had to call Evelio and gripe, I kept getting 1" groups at 100m........I figured it would shoot Wolf MT into the same hole in the wind!

Actually it went really well, but no snowflakes. I have them, but I just realized I don't have a bipod mount on any of my 22's anymore, I may have to try my 22MSR over a ruck (I can't bring myself to shoot STS with a benchrest rest......). My CF went in yesterday, not great but not bad.

Back to the OP's question, they are damn fine scopes for our little game!
Usually shooting scores right in class, too bad its the class below my classification!

Steve E
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

I was in my gun safe tonight grabbing a scope that I'll need for the match tomorrow. I have a couple of the older T-24's and a couple of the newer ones (not the old steel) and they all have the CT-24 on them. The difference is the newer ones have the green oval Weaver on the side, and the older ones have Weaver in white letters on them. When I first started shooting silhouette I was told if you want optics go with Leupold, if you want something that will track go with Weaver. I have owned Leupold's in straight 24, 36, 6.5-20, and then had it bumped to 36 by Premier. I don't own any now, all of my scopes are Weaver. Also I think the newer ones have a lock ring on the Obj. and the older ones don't.
Last edited by Jim Beckley on Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Jim, even though I'm very partial to Leupold optics, Weaver is better value. They're reliable, the glass is at least adequate and the price is about 30% less than a functionally similar (though brighter) Leupold.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

The only problem I see with Weaver is the available models that will work for me. 24x is great but what if I want a good variable with target turrets and a dot and 1/4 clicks. I really liked my bushnell 4200 series but they are heavy.