Can you do this?

This is what we do.
Koldkut
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Koldkut »

I work on a helpdesk talking to all the network abusers, fixing their problems and consoling them when they accuse us of blatelntly locking their accounts. poor poor users. If you were to sell the americana I would be interested.

Sorry about the thread hijack, back to the wobbly crosshair deal.

Does anyone know where a good article on rifle holds is?
luckyshot
B Poster
B Poster

Post by luckyshot »

ON the main page of this website is an article.
Try the link titled:
Construction of the standing or off hand shooting position

Really is for 3P but the logic stays the same.
You can find some good pointers that you might want to try.

I think it was Dave Imas who wrote that "Bone to bone connection is better" because muscle will get tired in the long run.

good luck
Koldkut
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Koldkut »

I got out to acctually "practice". I went back to the watering hole where me and dag went to site in for some whistle pig shooting and setup some red bricks. It was very easy to hit half a brick. As the brick broke up it turned out I had about 1 1/2 inch rocks to shoot at. it was out to 53 lenghtned paces and I was having trouble hitting them with my bag of random ammo that I had acquired over the past 3 years or so. Most of it was crap ammo that I knew didn't shoot well. I was only able to hit or move those brick rocks 1/5 of the time with that ammo and I'm sure loading the mag wasn't helping as I was just zinging them a little too quick.

When I shot all my shitty ammo, I broke out the good stuff. I went through two nine rounds magas of that and realized that I was severly rushing my shots. At this point I loaded one shot into each magazine and took it on, one at a time and was able to hit or move them about half the time when I was slowing down.

I noticed that after walking those 53 paces to the targets and trying to shoot there was a death wobble and a heartbeat that I had never noticed before. I would set down for 2 minutes before shooting and that also helped me.

I'm starting to realize what this sport takes, patience and practice. next time I am going to take some paper out there and see how badly I'm missing when I do miss.
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

And so it begins
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg

Post by Guest »

Andrew, you are noticeing what I also have found. This is Work. hehehe but fun work. I have not done any ammo testing, that part will start soon. I am spending some time just picking a target out at home and trying to hold on the target. Trying to see what works for me. I am going to shoot in Aurora next saturday at a match. If my wife doesnt come with me I will have an extra seat. Are you interested.

Kevin
Koldkut
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Koldkut »

I have to see what my wife is up to, it will be the first free weekend in a few for her, finals week is here and she will probably want to go do something. Unfortunatly she doesn't enjoy shooting at targets as much as I do. I'll be in touch though.