buschnell 4200
33%

Total votes: 9

kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

scope on 1712

Post by kevinpagano »

I am looking for a new scope to put on my Anschutz 1712 I will be picking up in about 30 days. I have a Bushnell 4200 on my CZ452. So should i get another 4200 or a Leupold EFR 6.5-20x40 or other flavor. I want a higher end scope for my higher end gun.

Thanks

kevin
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

Anyone want to tell my why their preference. Oh and sorry about the spelling hehehhe.

Kevin
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

The Leupolds that I've used haven't tracked reliably enough for silhouette shooting. The glass is also a little better in the Elite 4200s from what I've seen. The Elites are heavy, though, so be careful with putting one of those on a 1712. You can't go all that heavy with rings/mounts or you'll be over the hunter class weight limit.

Post by Guest »

Thanks Jason, I am running into trouble with what you are saying about weight. The 1712 that I am picking up weighs 7.0 lbs even with magazine in place and no other optics or rings. From what I understand the 4200 comes in at 20.4 ounces. THat leaves me with 3.6 oz for the rings. Anyone have any suggestions on light quality rings?

Kevin
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Before you go buying rings with the assumption that the gun will weigh exactly 7.0lbs because that's what the factory specs say, just wait until you get it and weigh it yourself. Any wood-stocked gun is almost guaranteed to weigh a little different from factory specs because wood can vary in density from tree to tree and even from where in the tree the wood came from.

Post by Guest »

I had the gun weighed at neals when I put money on it. They said it weighed 7.0 lbs even. The brochure says 7.3. The other problem I have is that I used flip open scope covers. I use the rear one for an eye shade when it is open, so I can keep both eyes open without squinting. Jason do you know if there are any screw on protectors for the front of a 4200 scope?

Kevin
dave imas
A Poster
A Poster

Post by dave imas »

there are lots of lens protectors that will work. bikini straps, rubber cups, etc. i wouldn't be too worried about that. go to Marv for rings. light, strong, beautiful, and sexy. kinda like Marv... sexy

Post by Guest »

what if you are at a larger match and they weigh your gun and you come in at 8lbs10 oz? What will happen then?

Kevin
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

You'll have to reduce the weight of it by removing things (remove scope flip-up lens covers, adjustment turret covers, etc), by removing material (like wood out of buttstock), or you won't get to shoot.
dave imas
A Poster
A Poster

Post by dave imas »

we need to define "larger" match. you will only be weighed in at a "registered" match. other than that, shoot what you go.