Headache, Done!!!

This is what we do.
Koldkut
A Poster
A Poster

Headache, Done!!!

Post by Koldkut »

Dawg got to see this thing before the prime and paint. It came out better than even I expected as its my 2nd steel project.

Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

You do know what the "steel" in the name of the site is referring to the targets, right? :lol:

You should have used that stuff to make some silhouette target stands or a fancy custom case for your silhouette rifle. All that time and effort to protect your truck instead of your gun... that there's just some messed up priorities... 8)

Btw... nice job on the metalwork. Did it hurt you to drill the holes in that shiny truck to mount it with, too? I helped my dad build one of those a few years ago, and it just felt wrong to be drilling big holes in a truck that was less than a week old and wasn't even dusty yet.
Koldkut
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Koldkut »

you have no idea how easy it was for me to take a drill to that truck. My other hobby is 4 wheeling and rock crawling like those extreme guys do. I have two Jeepster Commandos that are in the works. I have never hesitated to take all that extra steel they put on vehicles off with an auto body saw or a sawzall.

I've already got some ideas for swingers and some paper target holders. You should see my work on those posted soon enough. Got any good sites for the true measurements of the animals, I am going to cut a few sets out on a CNC plasma cutter.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Go this page on the NRA website and scroll down a little. There's the scale drawings of all the silhouette targets. Make sure to look at the scales listed on each one and the overall dimensions for height and length along the left and bottom edges.

http://www.nrahq.org/compete/dept-silh.asp
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

Andrew, Wanna trade some quality hand tools or welders or things for some silhouette targets.

Kevin

Authorized Matco Tools Distributor.
Koldkut
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Koldkut »

kevinp wrote:Andrew, Wanna trade some quality hand tools or welders or things for some silhouette targets.

Kevin

Authorized Matco Tools Distributor.

Oh hell yeah!!!!!! I can think of a few tools that I wouldn't mind having in my toolbox.

now, the question I have about those PDF files that the NRA has, are the silhouette targets supposed to fit inside those lines or on them? When I get them cut, I want them to be the right size.
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Koldkut,

Looks great

Now get to pratice, we both need it
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg