California Laws

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

I had several points, actually. First, Democrats are not automatically enemies of gun ownership therefore a congress dominated by Democrats isn't a disaster for us. Second, laws like the one that started this thread appear unconstitutional even before considering the second amendment. I believe the second amendment exists because the authors of our constitution knew some folks would be dense enough to need the right spelled out for them. I want to re-read that particular document before saying more, so there will be at least one more post from me on this.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Let me help you out and put it here for all to see.

In my opinion, 'arms' means guns, powder, primers, and bullets.

In my opinion, 'the people' means indivudals just like it does in the other amendments in the bill of rights.

It dosen't matter how many times you read that simple sentence, it dosen't change.

Many years ago, 1964, I took an oath to uphold the constitution of the United States and I took that to mean for the rest of my life, not just during my military hitch.