85%
Two guns
15%

Total votes: 13

kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

My plan is to just shoot the 1712 factory stock then get another 1712 action when I come across a really good deal then have it built by pharr or marv in a stock I want. Then I will use the stock gun for backup or wife or son or something. I may just shoot the factory gun forever, but knowing me I will want a tricked out gun just like I did in all the other shooting sports I have been involved with. As far as my abilities? I hope to shoot an A score tomorrow with my CZ. If I do that I will be on top of the world for now!!!!

Kevin
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

I also hope to find someone that has a Pharr stock here in colorado so I can try one.

KEvin
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

You could try calling Mark to see if anyone from there has ordered one. At the Pe Ell shoot that had quite a lot of the best shooters and their gear, there were only two of Mark's new R/TS split finger stocks there total. Luckily, Larry Engle had one of them and let me fondle it to my heart's content. :)

Post by Guest »

Jason, I know your getting one of the RTS Stocks, What did you like about it over other stocks like your frankenstock or stock CZ.

kevin
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

oops forgot to log in. My post above. hehhehehe

Kevin
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Well, the factory CZ Varmint stock is pretty poorly designed for offhand shooting. It's designed for shooting off rests at the range or at varmints like prarie dogs. My Frankenstock is much better than the factory stock design, but it's still nowhere in the league of the R/TS stock. It would be fairly hard to describe all the features of that stock design well enough to describe the feeling of holding it. I don't think I have the eloquence to do it. :?

Post by Guest »

Well I do think that was an excellent reply. So how long will it take from start to finish to get your rifle. What color stock are you getting?

Kevin
Koldkut
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Koldkut »

Jason wrote:Well, the factory CZ Varmint stock is pretty poorly designed for offhand shooting. It's designed for shooting off rests at the range or at varmints like prarie dogs. My Frankenstock is much better than the factory stock design, but it's still nowhere in the league of the R/TS stock. It would be fairly hard to describe all the features of that stock design well enough to describe the feeling of holding it. I don't think I have the eloquence to do it. :?
how is prarie dog shooting any different than silhouette shooting?
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Prarie dog shooting isn't commonly done standing and shooting offhand with no rests or even a sling. The Varmint stock is designed to ride rest bags more level and smoothly than the American or Silhouette/Style models.
Koldkut
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Koldkut »

ahh, I see. I admit that I have typically done that shooting in the past, but now that I'm trying my hand at silhouette, I'm going to shoot em like silhouette....