Cleaning materials

This is what we do.
Koldkut
A Poster
A Poster

Cleaning materials

Post by Koldkut »

I need some advice from the peanut gallery here. CZ 452 cleaning supplies. Where is the best place to get a bore guide, brass brush, and cleaning rod? Anything I've missed?
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

KoldKut,

Bore guide and brushes sinclair international, rods call bore tech
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
slowstdy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by slowstdy »

I've always thought of my self more as a "Macadamia Nut", Peanuts are so common....LOL

I find the stainless rods are better. The coating on the coated rods always seems to get scraped off by the end of the chamber, and I always remove the brush once its pushed through, never pull it back through the barrel, could damage the crown.
My 0.02c worth.
Cheers Limey

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
Koldkut
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Koldkut »

slowstdy wrote:I've always thought of my self more as a "Macadamia Nut", Peanuts are so common....LOL

I find the stainless rods are better. The coating on the coated rods always seems to get scraped off by the end of the chamber, and I always remove the brush once its pushed through, never pull it back through the barrel, could damage the crown.
My 0.02c worth.
Can Brass really damage the crown?
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

I've used everything from Proshot to Boretech cleaning rods, but other than a 17 cal the only rods I use now are the Tiptop carbon fiber rods. Their handles, bearings, and rods themselves are better than any others I've used. If you just have to use a brush on your target 22lr guns, them make sure it's one with a brass core (the twisted wire that holds the bristles). Even then, try not to let the core rub the core when you push the brush out the muzzle and unscrew it.
slowstdy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by slowstdy »

I don't know.... But the bristles are pretty strong near the center, is it worth the risk? BR guys always remove the brush, so, so do I.
Cheers Limey

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
dave imas
A Poster
A Poster

Post by dave imas »

part of the reason folks don't pull their brush back through is they are dragging a bunch of crap back through and dumping it in their chamber.
Koldkut
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Koldkut »

why worry about draggin it back through when you are going to run dry pathes through it? I'm trying to understand what affects what in this sport.

http://www.sinclairintl.com/cgi-bin/cat ... type=store

how about bronze brushes?