Sighting in new CZ & Scope, any tips?

This is what we do.
LH2
B Poster
B Poster

Sighting in new CZ & Scope, any tips?

Post by LH2 »

New CZ452 & new Sightron SII 6-24x42. How does one go about sighting in a new silhouette rig (my first)?

My usual range has berms at 25/50/75/100 yards, what range do I first sight in at?

I also have 6 or 7 different .22lr ammos to try out.

Once POI = POA at a given range and I want to find the rifle's favorite ammo, are 5-shot groups from a rest sufficient?

Any other advice? Thanks!

Free dvice

Post by Guest »

When checking the ammo. Do not have POA = POI. If you do, you will start punching holes in your aiming point. Just my opinion...

Cluck Cluck,

Chicken George

Re: Sighting in new CZ & Scope, any tips?

Post by Guest »

LH2 wrote:New CZ452 & new Sightron SII 6-24x42. How does one go about sighting in a new silhouette rig (my first)?

My usual range has berms at 25/50/75/100 yards, what range do I first sight in at?

I also have 6 or 7 different .22lr ammos to try out.

Once POI = POA at a given range and I want to find the rifle's favorite ammo, are 5-shot groups from a rest sufficient?

Any other advice? Thanks!
If you do not have 40 meters available at your range set your zero at 50 yards. That should put you about a 1/2 minute high at 40 meters. Then when you go to a match you can check you settings and make any adjustment needed. I would suggest that you see which ammo your gun likes off the bench at 100 yrs and use that ammo. Most anything you try will be good enough for chicken & pigs. It is at the Turkey and Ram that you need the best groups that your gun can give you. Once you find the right ammo buy as much as you can afford and then put the time in to practice.

My Two cents, Good luck, Paul