Features of Mark Pharr stocks.

This is what we do.
Jetmugg
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Features of Mark Pharr stocks.

Post by Jetmugg »

I'm new to silhouette (haven't even shot a single match yet), but I have read here and elsewhere that Mark Pharr stocks are very highly thought of. I'm modifying a factory ruger 10/22 stock so that it's more suitable for silhouette competition.

I would like to incorporate some of the features that make the Pharr stocks so well thought of. I will do a high comb (within the rules), a fairly deep forend (within the rules), and try to keep the overall shape like that of a classic hunting rifle.

What are some of the other features of a Pharr stock that make it particularly useful for silhouette? As I have said, I'm a newbie, but would like to put a decent foot forward.

Thanks for any advice.

Steve M.
dave imas
A Poster
A Poster

Post by dave imas »

the stock is great. well designed for off-hand shooting. it is very light which allows one to balance the rifle as they desire whithout a fight. what adds all the value is Mark's work. His fit and finish is absolutely beautiful. He works with you so you get exactly what you are looking for. the stock is a stock... it is the work that Mark or Marv do that makes all the difference.
dave
Jetmugg
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

What's a "ballpark" price?

Post by Jetmugg »

What's a ballpark price for a Pharr stock for a "standard" action?

SteveM
dave imas
A Poster
A Poster

Post by dave imas »

$280 or so? Mark?
GeoNLR
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by GeoNLR »

Non-inletted w/ a standard speckel or solid color = $275

Fade from one color to another = add $50

Don't hold me to this, but I'm 95% sure.

Keep in mind this is the stock price alone, it then has to be inletted and bedded to your action...

Mark's e-mail is

ttumbleweeds AT yahoo DOT com

He doesn't watch the boards but is very accessable via e-mail
Image Chicken George
shtrdave

Post by shtrdave »

Are these stocks wood or synthetic?

thanks

dave

I have seen a couple of them and like the forward grip angle, as my fingers are short. I only shoot a 1712 and use it in both classes.

Post by Guest »

Dave,

They are a carbon fiber if I am correct? But he can get you a wood dupped if you so wish.

Chicken
stsbuyer
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: ...

Post by stsbuyer »

Anonymous wrote:Dave,

They are a carbon fiber if I am correct? But he can get you a wood dupped if you so wish.

Chicken
Maybe a picture would help. Top is his first desgn with my 1712 installed, the bottom is my Remington 40x that he just finished in the new split finger disign. As you can see he can do wood or composite.

Later, Paul
shtrdave

Post by shtrdave »

Thanks for the info, need to find contact info now. I thought I had it somewhere, but.

2 nice looking guns there Paul, hard to tell from the first pic that what it is made of.
stsbuyer
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by stsbuyer »

shtrdave wrote:Thanks for the info, need to find contact info now. I thought I had it somewhere, but.

2 nice looking guns there Paul, hard to tell from the first pic that what it is made of.
Here is Mark's contact info,

Mark Pharr
Tumbleweeds Custom Rifles
3005 Live Oak St
Round Rock TX 78681
512-246-7563
ttumbleweeds@yahoo.com

Later, Paul