cz vs anschutz

This is what we do.
chunter
B Poster
B Poster

Re: cz vs anschutz

Post by chunter »

iceman wrote:I was reading this on rimfire central the other day. Seems no one thinks any rifle can beat an Anschutz.
Everyone slams the trigger on the CZ as a fault. If you go to a firearms dissassembly book, you will see that the CZ trigger is a real close copy to the highly praised Model 70 Winchester trigger. I don't konw how many people I've heard say that it was one of the best ever made. That said what is everyone's problem with it. A little tuning and it is great. Futhermore, You can easily order parts for the CZ triggers. Try doing that for an Annie!
There has been discussion about accuracy of the CZ. I have 2 that will shoot .250 10 shot groups at 50 yds. and .750 10 shot groups at 100 yds. This is better than 90 % of us silhouette shooters can hold. I don't think the Annie is doing any better, it's just that having a $2000.00 .22 rifle is impressive to most. Impressions don't win matches, good shooting does.
I would also be willing to bet that in the hands of Cathy Winstead or Troy Lawton either the Annie or CZ would be capable of equal results.
Given you would have to get a CZ, order a stock, a trigger kit, scope, and rings. The cost of these would still not be as much as the Annie with like equipment.
The moral I am trying to get at is "Equipment cannot make up for poor shooting, but good shooting can overcome poor equipment!"
This must be some of that pre-match BS we keep hearing about from the Southern Boys. Gettin themselves all physched up for the Winny match, will have to see how it goes. These southern boys are cut throat, going right after a mans tools of the trade.

I have to agree with JerryG. My 10 inch wobble needs all the help I can get. Then again, how do you explain hitting rams, when your scope's elevation is still set for chickens.

Casey
-- -------- ----- ------- --

Email: Silhouette.Shooting@gmail.com