Missouri HP Regional

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Missouri HP Regional

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Got back late yesterday afternoon from the HP regional in the St. Louis area. Arrived there Friday at 3 pm just in time to watch the last relay of the Hunter Benchrest Nationals. Couldn't fire any practice rounds due to the four day event ran late. Just as well, my body was not ready to pick up a rifle and shoot after the 810 mile trip anyway.

We had great weather with no wind, typical of this area. It was just warm and very humid on Sat. ,Sun. was cooler and drier.

This match's attendance also has been in decline over the past couple of years, only 25 shooters showed up. Twenty fired the heavy gun, 9 or ten on the hunter. I brought home a few awards, but far and away, Lee Oneil from CO dominated this match. He shot 90x120 with both rifles.

If your a HP shooter and have not shot this match, well ...... shame on you, your missing a good one.These guys put on a great match, plenty of excellent food served in an air conditioned club house. Sierra donated some 5 box bullet certificates for prizes.

I have a bunch of photos to post , but our home computer crapped out just before we left for the match. Sara is blaming me for letting in some virus. Yeah right, it's easy to blame the computer dummy. I will get them posted when she figures out the problem. Or I will go over to my daughters house and use hers , if she will let me.
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

OK........after a week of frustration and $$ trying to get our ten year old Gateway repaired, I finally said enough BS . Just came back from Best Buy with a brand new Compaq Presario package deal. Could have bought another Rem 700 for what it cost. Hey, you guys and gals are worth it. As soon as Sara is over the shock of me buying her a suprise gift :lol: , I will force her to install our camera software so I can finally put the St. Louis pictures on here. Should be sometime tonite.
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Miss HP Regional

Post by Jim Beckley »

McAlice, Can you post some pics of the CRC SB Range? I don't remember if it is there with the HP range or if it is on another part of the property!
U.S. Army-Donating blood since 1775.
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

JB......they are side by side....under same line cover...same scenery. All my CRC pictures are still in the dead computer, for now. You coming for the SB state?
Last edited by Bob Mc Alice on Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Allright ....finally got the pictures done. Quite a few, but lots to show. As with all my pictures, hit the full size key, upper left, for best quality.

This match was held Aug.23-24 at the Benchrest Rifle Club in Wright City, Mo. It's about 50 miles west of St. Louis on I-70. http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z94/ ... C04225.jpg
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Miss HP Regional

Post by Jim Beckley »

Thanks for the pics! The last picture should have been reserved for Lee's 6.5! But of course you could be necking down 7-08 brass and not wanting to come clean!
U.S. Army-Donating blood since 1775.