Texas State SB Match

This is what we do.
nomad
AA Poster
AA Poster

Texas State SB Match

Post by nomad »

Just had a report that Match #1 this morning -- Standard Rifle -- was won by Wm Zander with a 35. Bill Motl is 2nd with a 33. Scores seem uncharacteristically low...conditions are said to be good. (Hot, muggy and uncomfortable, but not problematic from the shooting aspect.)

Cathy W was not able to attend this year.

64 competitors IIRC.

I should get more information this evening and I'll try to post the results. Today is Standard in both matches. Hunter is tomorrow.
E Kuney
nomad
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by nomad »

My source -- McClure -- is apparently off to dinner but I did get some information out of him.
Willie Z took the title with a 72 ag. Motl was second but I don't have his final tally. Scores seemed to come up a bit in the afternoon.
More information as it becomes available...
E Kuney
TXCharlie
A Poster
A Poster

TX State

Post by TXCharlie »

The scores were lower than usual, the heat and humidity really took it out of everyone.
William Zander won both championships, Bill Motl was 2nd in the std. rifle with Sam Corlett 2nd in the hunter rifle.
A very well run match with GREAT lunches.
Thanks to Bill Motl, the Houston club and crew for a good shooting weekend....lets just find the air conditioning button before the next match.
C-Ya,
Charlie
Pete A.

Great Match

Post by Pete A. »

Bill Motl did an outstanding job of putting on the very well run and smooth match. Plus this fellow had a chance to shoot some pretty darn good matches to boot.

I'm a very proud dad as my son; Thomas (13), shot ""B" class and won 3 out of 4 matches. He won Hunter and ended up with high aggregate for both guns & 3rd overall Junior. His mom & dad are as proud as we can be. He now moves up to "A" while poor ole dad is still in the cellar wallowing in "B". Might have to skip shooting to put in OT to pay for his ammo.

He got some great coaching/spotting from the esteemed Greg Bowers. Greg kept him focused on the positive all the while. Thomas trusts and understands Greg when shooting. Great team.

Hope I'm not bragging too much but it's nice to have a son who out shoots the ole man. His younger brother; Samuel (9), is also under Greg's wing and will be a force to be dealt with soon.

My thanks to all the great shooters who gave Thomas words of encouragement during the matches.

Pete A.