Honeybells

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Honeybells

Post by BlauBear »

Mary, the Honeybell oranges came yesterday and they're just about gone already! Thanks for the suggestion!

For those of you that missed 'em, these things are unbelievably juicy, sweet and tangy all at the same time. Get some if they're still available! Now excuse me while I go order some Temple Oranges - maybe the family will leave one for me this time...
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

BB, Temples are a great juice orange, they tend not to be 'seedless' but still have good flavor. As for the family...man they are all probably glad to have some Florida Sunshine at this time of year. There may be some honeybells available still but they are a very short time in season fruit, and the cold weather you all have been sending to Florida will have some consequences on the availabilty of shipping fruit. we like it cool beacuse that is what helps turn the color and sweeten the oranges but freezing....no not for more than two hours that causes the trees to go dormant....not good, and it makes the fruit good only for juicing. So keep you white icy stuff up that way, please.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Fortunately, most of the really nasty winter stuff stops about 30 miles north of us in the mountains, so if it hits us it probably is rolling on further south.

Anyone that hasn't tried them yet, follow the directions they put in the box for cutting them up - don't try peeling. They're too juicy! I cut up six last night and only got two slices! Even Kim's 83 year old mother ate a whole orange, and the boys went nuts! Slurping and orange rinds everywhere from two normally fastidious eaters!
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ