Good Gunshops on the way to Raton....

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
Outback Mick
B Poster
B Poster

Good Gunshops on the way to Raton....

Post by Outback Mick »

Back again folks,
As Bear, Ex Pom and myself will be driving (you blokes call it a "road trip" I believe) from LA to NM for the Cowboy Nationals. We were wondering what Gunshops in particular were worth seeing on the way. Our route should take us through Phoenix, Flagstaff & Albuquerque, or something like that.

We will be up for a bit of Lever Action "shopping" while we are doing this. Chances are we'll see rifle models both past & present that we will never get down under.

Any suggestions fellas

Regards,
Outback Mick
Camels are the best silhouettes
Down Under F-Troop
Ramslammer
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Good Gunshops on the way to Raton....

Post by Ramslammer »

G'Day Mick
Don't forget to pick up Toads 35 Remington on that trip or he might CROAK. Also your brother in law TAPS has nominated for the Tas CLAS. Looks like he wants a run at another state title without you there.
Juddy
The chairman
The Chairman has spoken!!
toad
B Poster
B Poster

Post by toad »

hi all
mick old buddy pal m8 35 rem lever action marlin and i will stop telling every one that we are twin brothers
and i will tell everyone the truth that you realy are a nasty bastard. not a nice guy like i have been tellin them.
looks like taps will be the 2008 tas state cowboy champ.well i though you might get cold feet after i pushed you
so hard at westbury i guess i can't blame you the shame would be to hard to handle if the old toad jumped
all over you.
so you sleep tight and slink off to the u . s . a and bob and the boys will kick your ass. L-) better them than me

regards toad :ymcowboy:
the toad has croaked http://www.tedsmachinetool.com/
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

Don't know about on the way, but once in Raton you have to stop and visit at B.J.'s Shootin Shop 1180 So 2nd in Raton...Usually has a very interesting collection of old leverguns on the wall, a dog to pet and stories to tell....Since you guys are coming all the way from down under, I may need to come out and review the F Troop from down under...

Commander Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Now Commander Kitty, BJ Eiland wouldn't tell any tales. He is quite a gentleman and took good care of Don when he totalled the truck during the nationals last year. The store is worth a cup of coffee and a stop in.

Innocent Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
jneihouse

Post by jneihouse »

He is most helpful....I really enjoy the atmosphere in his shop...first time I met him I had taken my highpower stuff with me to Raton to load during the nationals.. I left my powder measure at home...Went to buy one from BJ and he loaned me one instead...Never met me before and just handed me a measure...Can't beat that.

Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Kitty, depends on how you approach him.....you should have seen his response to a youngster wanting to by a 50 cal to "go bear hunting" with, but of course after the young man left out came some of his bear hunting stories, very amusing.

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.