set trigger

This is what we do.
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

set trigger

Post by ppkny »

I know set triggers aren't allowed in SB Hunter but what is the specfic language that makes them illegal. This is refering to the set trigger CZ currently has on some of its rifles. Your thoughts please.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Once they are set, it takes less than 2lb of pull to make them fire. That makes them ineligible for hunter class. If you adjust the trigger so that it can't be set then you can use the gun for hunter class. No real confusion about it.
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

set trigger

Post by ppkny »

I thought is was just the opposite. You set it for a first pull of 2# and a final pull of something less. That's why I thought they were trying to say it was okay. I guess I don't understand your explanation that the set is something less than than 2#.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

I don't see how their could be confusion. At the time the trigger breaks, it has to require as least two pounds of pressure on it. When you set the trigger on the CZ 453, it only requires a few ounces of pressure to make it break. You can adjust the trigger so that the set function doesn't work anymore and it works as a standard single-stage trigger. If it requires at least two pounds of pressure to make it break in this standard single-stage mode, it's legal for hunter class.
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

set trigger

Post by ppkny »

Thanks Jason,
I went to the cz web site and found an article about the function. I guess I didn't fully understand it but I do now. Not like I thought it worked.
powding
B Poster
B Poster

CZ with the SST

Post by powding »

Jason,

You refer to the CZ 453 with the SST - "You can adjust the trigger so that the set function doesn't work anymore...". Is this an external or internal adjustment? If the rifle passes trigger inspection would the gun have to be opened to change it back to the set trigger mode?

powding
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

To the best of my memory, you have to take the action out of the stock to adjust that function of the trigger. It's been a while since I've worked on one and I've only adjusted three or four total, so I might be remembering wrong. Maybe someone here that has one could chime in and let us know for sure. :)