10/22 Competitive

This is what we do.
sshooter
Unclassified Poster

10/22 Competitive

Post by sshooter »

Is a modified 10/22 with a Green mountain sporter barrel and a trigger job a viable option in hunter class?
Jetmugg
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Yes.

Post by Jetmugg »

Yes.

SteveM
dwl
AA Poster
AA Poster

sshooter

Post by dwl »

Last winter we had four people in our indoor league build 10/22s that were competitive. They had Green Mountain .920 barrels, trigger kits from Cabelas (were they Power Customs) and silhouette stocks from Revival Industries.

With the silhouette stocks and bull barrels they were legal only for Standard Class. I would expect a Green Mountain sporter barrel and a good trigger kit should be fine for Hunter Class.

I spent about $300 on a berrel, trigger kit and stock for my 10/22. It really shoots. The only thing I couldn't find was a decent Hunter legal stock with a high comb for the 10/22.

dwl
sshooter
Unclassified Poster

Post by sshooter »

I'm hoping to use a Boyd's "Dakota Will" 10/22 rifle stock for hunter class. I may have to do a small amount of shaping to make sure it'll be legal.
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

You're on the right track. An advantage of a 10/22 (or any semi-automatic) is that you don't have to reset between shots so it's easier to integrate feedback into POA adjustments. Potential downside is tweaking it too tight and losing reliability. Free advice - get a Green Mountain sporter barrel, a CPC bolt and either drop in a VQ hammer and sear or the complete trigger group. If you want to go whole hog, have the receiver and barrel threaded. I looked at this once upon a time and decided other things were more fun.