New guy to steel shooting

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
MontereyJack
B Poster
B Poster

New guy to steel shooting

Post by MontereyJack »

Hello all: I hope I do nt ask the same questions that have ben answered over and over and over. Well here goes I went to a air rifle silhoutte match to see what it was about I took my 10m gun with iris sights and tried it. was hard to see the little buggers way out there. Now I want to get a real rifle and I'm looking at some Daystate's and FX or maybe a FWB. What are some good guns to shoot steel with it has to be a PCP gun. by the way I did hit 13/60 and had the adjust my sight 180 clicks to get to the rams and I did hit 2 rams. I think this could be a blast to play at. Any advice would be lots of help
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: New guy to steel shooting

Post by Bob259 »

I like Air Arms (Have 3 of them) and Falcon's also
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
MontereyJack
B Poster
B Poster

Post by MontereyJack »

BOB259 do you have the Air Arms EV2 and which model Falcon?
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Would love an EV2, but I have an AZ LG100 Styer for FT. AirArms I have the TX200 Springer, S400 MPR for Target class and my S400. I don't think the other half would let me get the EV2 as well... ;)

shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

Bob how do you like your Styer for field target? Been thinkin about getting into it and there are so many guns it hard to narrow down the choices.
"The bench proves the rifle, standing proves the man" Harry Pope. 6.5's for LIFE
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

shakes wrote:Bob how do you like your Styer for field target? Been thinkin about getting into it and there are so many guns it hard to narrow down the choices.

Love it!!!! Yes there is a lot of choices out there, the best thing is to go to a match and see and handle as many as you can, that's what I did and the AZ Styer was highly recommended and I liked the look, balance and optins I could get for it. The EV2 is real nice also, but have not seen or handled one and they seem to be runing at around 765FPS, a little lower then I'd like for FT. Mine likes 865-900FPS best with 10.9 CP's.

shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

I like the EV2's also but I've heard that everyone who gets one has to have it tuned to get the fps up to ft levels. That's why Ive been checking the Styers & the Walthers out. I'd like to get something thats ready to go out of the box so i dont have to send it to tuner and wait over a year to get it back. I may just wind up geting one of the USFT rifles. I know the're a little spendy but you get exactly what you want.
"The bench proves the rifle, standing proves the man" Harry Pope. 6.5's for LIFE
MontereyJack
B Poster
B Poster

Post by MontereyJack »

The guys at Air Guns of AZ Think highly of Daystates with the merlin being a good one if you can not afort a Grand Prix. Right now Daystate is giving a free scope with the purchase of any daystate rifle. That is they say a $400 value. I want to keep it to under $2500 for the whole setup.