My Redfield scope - what's it worth?

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
solid7
B Poster
B Poster

My Redfield scope - what's it worth?

Post by solid7 »

I have a Redfield 8-32 X 40 target scope, - one of the last models Redfield made before they went under some years back. I believe it's a 3/8 MOA dot. I'm not really sure if I like this scope, and I'm thinking about getting rid of it. Just wondering what kind of value this model might still hold. I don't know enough about Redfield to know if this is a quality scope, and I don't have enough experience with it to be comfortable. (but there's something about it that I don't like, and I can't quite put my finger on it)

Anyway, I'm thinking of replacing it with a Leupold 6.5-20 EFR or a Weaver V24 either/or with target dot. I have had both of these models, and I really like both of them.

This is for my Anschutz 54 Match Silhouette/hybrid. (if that makes any sense at all)

Thanks for your input.
rich56
B Poster
B Poster

Re: My Redfield scope - what's it worth?

Post by rich56 »

I had the Redfield 8-32x-40 and a T24 Weaver. I can't tell you which tracked better but the Redfield was clearer. The Weavers AO focuses closer than the Red. If you like the retical and it tracks well, I'd keep the Redfield. I have a Redfield 6-24-50 on a tactical type rifle and love it. If you decide to sell you should get at least $350
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Between the Leupold and the Weaver I'd go with the Leupold and never look back. I've never used a Redfield, but with the 50mm objective it's probably brighter than either of the other two, has to sit higher on the rifle. Could that be what you dislike?
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
j3x44
Unclassified Poster

Post by j3x44 »

Do you still have the redfield scope,and do you want to sell it.