SOUTHERN NATIONALS OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION

This is what we do.
duckgumbo
Master Poster
Master Poster
Location: Winnsboro, Louisiana - Home of the Southern Nationals, the Greatest Show on Dirt!

SOUTHERN NATIONALS OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION

Post by duckgumbo »

It is now official that Winnsboro Gun Club will host the 17th Annual Southern National Air and Smallbore Rifle Silhouette Championship as APPROVED matches.

The dates of the matches are May 31 and the morning of June 1 for air rifle in a 60-shot per rifle match and the Southern National Air Rifle Champion being the combined aggregate high shooter. We WILL run this match identical to the Smallbore in that it will NOT be shot IMSA style! We will have appropriate prizes for this match as well as door prizes and the fees wil be $25/rifle or a total of $75 for all three matches. Lunch will be provided for the competitors and we will have an opening meal on Wednesday evening.

June 2 and 3 will be the Smallbore matches with Standard Rifle being shot on Saturday and Hunter Rifle being shot on Sunday. The 2007 fees for the Southern National Smallbore Rifle Silhouette Championship will be reduced by $5 as this is NOT a registered match and no NRA fees are involved. You will NOT be able to set NRA National records but will be able to qualify for 5 and 10-in-a row pins as well as long-run records. We will begin the matches at 8:30 AM on Saturday and 8:00 AM on Sunday to be able to finish sooner and allow better travel time for the competitors that do not want to or can not stay over for the traditional Stead dinner. The times should go much faster after the matches as we will only shoot off 1st place in each class and Match Winner for Matches I and II. We WILL shoot off ALL places for the aggregate.

The dates for the 2008 Southern Nationals will be the first FULL weekend of June. This will be June 5, 6, 7 & 8, 2008. Mark your calendars. We may be able to host and official NRA Air Rifle Silhouette Championship in 2008. If so, we will register the Southern National Smallbore Rifle Silhouette Championship for 2008.

If you have any questions or comments that you do not wish to be made public, you can email me or PM me on this forum.

I hope that everyone had a great year and has a prosperous and blessed holiday season. See everyone in Jacksonville for the Sunshine Classic in April.

David
Sgt. O'Ducky
Ftard Troop
duckgumbo
Master Poster
Master Poster
Location: Winnsboro, Louisiana - Home of the Southern Nationals, the Greatest Show on Dirt!

Correction

Post by duckgumbo »

The Sunday night meal is a Ribeye Steak dinner and NOT as stead dinner. Thank you Evilio for pointing this out. We may save you some stead or something of the nature!
Sgt. O'Ducky
Ftard Troop
Evelio Mc Donald
Sponsor
Sponsor

Stead dinner

Post by Evelio Mc Donald »

Thank You David, I will be looking forward for the Stead, make sure you have some good Malt Scotch to go we it. By the the way the Bourbon you brought to Zwolle was excellent, I enjoyed the hell out it, and so did Culpepper, and Landry.
See you in Jacksonville.
Evelio.
Evelio