Silhouette Sundays at the Tacoma Rifle and Revolver Club

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
twcooke
B Poster
B Poster

Silhouette Sundays at the Tacoma Rifle and Revolver Club

Post by twcooke »

SILHOUETTE SUNDAYS!

We are holding matches on the third Sunday of every month starting in April and running through October except for August 22nd when small bore camp is being held at the club. The first match is this Sunday, April 18th. Air rifle matches are shot offhand, and the course of fire is 40 shots evenly divided among the four types of targets. Silhouette for air guns is shot at reduced ranges at scaled down targets. The targets are 1/10 the size of the center fire targets and are shot at 20, 30, 36 and 45 yards. We have acquired two complete sets of targets in the form of pull-resettable banks so there won't be any groveling in the grass between rounds to find and put the targets back up. We will be shooting on the Airgun sight in range at the Tacoma Rifle and Revolver Club. To limit target damage, all air guns are limited to no more than 20 foot pounds of muzzle energy and no caliber larger than .22 is allowed. The range has eight shooting lanes and there will be one bank of targets on each lane. The competition will be divided into two classes, spring powered and pneumatic. The black button will be activated to let non-members who want to take part through the gate. If you haven't shot with us before you can find directions at http://www.tacomarifle.org/directions.htm. Please send any questions to me and not the club. I can be reached at twcooke@comcast.net or (360) 920-8285.

I see that I left out the when part! All of our airgun matches have the same schedule. Set up (shooters don't need to show up for this) at 9:00am, sight in at 10:00am, shooters meeting at 10:45am and the match begins at 11:00am. We shoot till everyone is done, tear down and go have a late lunch.

Hope to see you there,
Terry

Terry Cooke

TR&RC Silhouette match director