Bob Jones sighting system ?

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
hunter1
B Poster
B Poster

Bob Jones sighting system ?

Post by hunter1 »

Anyone here using this system for silhouette and is it legal to use? Thanks in advance.
NRA Benefactor Member
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Bob Jones sighting system ?

Post by cslcAl »

Hunter, The rules state that corrective lenses may be used, but only in the rear sight. Al
Team Sierra Member
RBriscoe
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by RBriscoe »

I am in the process of putting together a sight with his lens system, but I have not used it as yet. It requires a compatible rear sight for the lens carrier. I have the Merit adjustable aperture for a Williams rear sight that is intended to be used with the Jones lens carrier. I think that the threaded section is longer to provide a mounting space.

Jones is very helpful and will tell you everything you need to know. You just have to be careful that he does not try to talk you out buying his product. Talk about a "soft sell"! If you have not already done so check out his web site and give him a call.

I am trying this system instead of changing glasses to suit the sights all the time.

I have spoken with Greg Connors and these lenses are OK on the rear sights only...don't ask me why the big deal about rear sights versus front sights because all they do is crisp up the front sight.

I guess I will see how well they work.
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

What I did with the Williams sight is run a 12-40 tap in the front hole of the sight to thread the Bob Jones lens into. Then you can still use whatever appature you want in the rear. Al
Team Sierra Member