Silhouette Match this Sunday at TR&RC

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
twcooke
B Poster
B Poster

Silhouette Match this Sunday at TR&RC

Post by twcooke »

The match is this Sunday, September 19th. Set up at 9:00am, sight in at 10:00am, shooters meeting at 10:45am and the match begins at 11:00am. We shoot till everyone is done, tear down and go have a late lunch. We will be shooting on the Airgun sight in range at the Tacoma Rifle and Revolver Club. To limit target damage, all air guns are limited to no more than 20 foot pounds of muzzle energy and no caliber larger than .22 is allowed. The range has eight shooting lanes and there will be one bank of targets on each lane. This time I will set up to accommodate both rifle and pistol. One set of targets will be set up at rifle distances on the first four lanes with the other set at pistol distances on the last four lanes.

Air rifle matches are shot offhand, and the course of fire is 40 shots, 10 each at 20, 30, 36 and 45 yards. The competition will be divided into three classes, spring powered, pneumatic and target. Target class will be allowed to use standard three position gear like shooting jackets and such.

Pistol matches are shot at 10, 12½, 15 and 18 yards. Also a 40 shot match. Possible classes depending on turnout are standing or freestyle positions and magnified or open/dot sights.

The black button will be activated to let non-members who want to take part through the gate. If you haven't shot with us before you can find directions at http://www.tacomarifle.org/directions.htm. Please send any questions to me and not the club. I can be reached at twcooke@comcast.net or (360) 920-8285.

I hope to see you there,

Terry Cooke

TR&RC Silhouette match director.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Silhouette Match this Sunday at TR&RC

Post by Jason »

Thanks for posting this, Terry. I'm looking forward to coming down on Sunday. :)
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

The forecast is looking pretty soggy for Sunday. What do you guys do when it's wet come match time? :)
twcooke
B Poster
B Poster

Post by twcooke »

The shooting line is covered at TR&RC, so as long as it is not raining too hard we shoot.

Terry