My new to me Anschutz 8002 S2...

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

My new to me Anschutz 8002 S2...

Post by Dee »

Just got it this past weekend from a fellow club member. Like new with very few shots down the tube but I am fixing to change that soon. This rifle will allow me to get a lot more shots training and will hopefully help get me over the AAA hump into Master in the near future. I will be needing a lot more pellets that is for sure! Anyway I am as happy as could be and can't wait to get home to shoot it some more!

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
ter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: My new to me Anschutz 8002 S2...

Post by ter »

The new trigger in those is insane. It is the best trigger on any Anschutz I ever had. I have the 9003/S2, but it is the same thing.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Looks Sweet Dee!!!!
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

I am beginning to see what that European guy was talking about when he said you can fiddle with the adjustments till the Dr's come. :lol: And this one isn't even the super duper adjustable model. I have slowly been moving things around and I think it is just about setup to try for awhile. What a fine rifle.

Dee
Hawk-1
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Hawk-1 »

Wow, what a piece of art. I have been thinking about trying air rifle, now my feelings are hurt. I doubt I'll find a good deal on something that looks that great!!! Enjoy and let us know how it's doing. Is this 10m or silh. or both? David
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

It is just for silhouette and plinking but mostly for lots of trigger time to try and improve my hold and shot taking skills.

Keep looking I found this one in like new condition for $1500. Airguns are great fun and practice for cheap.

Dee
Sancho
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Sancho »

Dee,
I noticed you've got a long LOP for that 8002. Did you have to do something special to extend it beyond the factory lop of 13.4"? Just curious because I'm having trouble finding a club style air gun that will fit me (LOP of 14.5")
RickNW
B Poster
B Poster

Post by RickNW »

I have the same rifle, CMP 8002; but mine isn't S2- do you know what the difference is? I bought it for grandson to shoot- I have the Alloy 8002 too. Grandson didn't have interest, so re-stocked it with AiR-15 stock.

You can increase trigger weight: http://www.shooterscatalogue.com/manual ... glisch.pdf

I think it is screw 11, a little cam, it is on low position for low weight, just mover it up and fiddel away! I think the 54.18 is the same basic trigger.

You can get the longer threaded 'columns' at Champions Choice, they also have old style butts- more similar to the MS rifles- I'm using a Anschutz 2025 for Open Class MS. Uses more air; but more power to knock down Rams!
RickNW
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

Sancho- Those pics were taken before I adjusted the LOP in a bit for myself to around 13.5" to match my other rifles. I thnk the rifle came with shorter set of rods and the longer ones if forget. I don't even have the aluminum butt plate on it anymore I pulled it off and replaced it with a flat rubber style the same as my 1712. Check Champions for some longer butt stock rods.

RickNW- As far as I am aware the S2 is the model with the newer valving that is totally motionless when the shot breaks and has a little faster lock time. All the transfer porting between the air cyclinder to the barrel breach is gold plated including the front half of the sliding bolt. Not sure what the gold is supposed to accomplish but it looks pretty lol. I have read you can get the upgrade kit to make the 8002 a S2 model but that the kits were in the $400-500 range and unless you are a world class shooter I doubt you could see the difference in your scores with or without.

Consider this, Tureau won the Target Class in Winnie this year using a Annie380 SPRINGER!!! Still all in the trigger nut it would seem as I know the latest and greatest 10m rifles were out there as well.

Dee
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Tureau also broke the senior Target record previously held by Cliff Lnadry, with his score of 51.
Congrats to a fine gentleman.
Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.