Daisy 777

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Daisy 777

Post by glen ring »

I found a Daisy 777 at a sale. The original owner said he stored it in his house after shooting it a few times. The gun has all the paperwork, tools, original box, oil, cleaning rod and patches and the original box of unopened pellets. I gave $150.00 for it and it shoots great. I plan on shooting air pistol silhouette with it ( for the first time). What type of mount /optics are legal and available?
Just Be Nice **==
richard
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Daisy 777

Post by richard »

There are lots of guys that use the daisy pistol with good results. You can use the sights on it or a scope or aperture sights. Check out daisysights.com. You can get the mounts from him and the apertures from williams or merit. merit has an adjustable aperture that is cool.
The rules are all in the rule book and you can check that out on the NRA website.
Richard
Richard
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Good one.
http://airgunner.org/?p=106

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Swiftyjuan
Unclassified Poster

Post by Swiftyjuan »

A gentleman named Rick Davis won the first NRA Airpistol Silhouette Match with a 777, so you are in good company! B-Square makes a barrel mount, and a Simmons scope in a power you are comfortable with, and you are ready to go! Oh, both Pete White and Marvin Tannahill shot 166x120 with open sights in the 1993? California State Championships; Pete used a 777. Enjoy!
edgehit
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by edgehit »

Been there, done that, got the hat and T shirt. Forget mounting a scope on the 777 using the barrel clamp mount. I tried it with a 747 and it turns out the barrel is actually inside a shroud that is not fixed. It will seem ok at first and you can shoot it some. Then right in the middle of a match it'll twist about 1/2" and you're screwed!

My suggestion is to figure out how to put a peep sight on it.
- Joe
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Thank You swifty Juan. Nevermind Edgehit.
Just Be Nice **==
frog5215
B Poster
B Poster

Post by frog5215 »

Great value.
Daisysights.com
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Thanks frog
Just Be Nice **==
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Daisy 777 scope mount

Post by glen ring »

I have purchased an Air Venturi scope mount sold by pyramid air. The mount is solid on the Daisy, WILL NOT TWIST and has a wide range of setting so you can use weaver rings. A cheap solution on mounting a scope on the Daisy 777/747/717.
Just Be Nice **==