Henry Sights

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
Gunsmoke NQ
Unclassified Poster

Henry Sights

Post by Gunsmoke NQ »

I have a Henry .22 and .22M and both of these have plastic front sights and barrel band.
Does anyone know what metal ones will suit? The current ones are way to thick.

Any ideas anyone?
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Henry Sights

Post by Another Dang 9 »

I believe henry uses marbles sights. they may have changed but plastic just sounds wrong. I would check the marbles web page just measure the height of the front sight, I use a post sight instead of the bead. just my preference. and get a tang sight while your at it. it will help out in the long run and is worth every penny.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

Gunsmoke NQ wrote:I have a Henry .22 and .22M and both of these have plastic front sights and barrel band.
Does anyone know what metal ones will suit? The current ones are way to thick.

Any ideas anyone?
Sorry, the round barrel models (H001, H001Y, and H001M) have a "permanent" type front sight on the barrel band which I believe is made of plastic. Perhaps you can purchase a spare front barrel band/site from Henry and experiment with filing it to another shape/size?

The Octagon barrel models such as the Frontiers (H001T and H001TM) and Golden Boys (H004 and H004M) all have front sights in a 3/8" dovetail that can be replaced... I have the Lyman 14AUG globe on all mine. I swap between the post and "pin head" inserts, depending on whether I'm shooting black or while silhouettes.

Although they're not as "blingy", I prefer the Frontier models as in addition to the replaceable front sight, they have a scope rail that'll also accept the Williams FP-GR rear peep sight. The Golden Boys have no scope rail and the only rear sight option for it is a tang.

my .02,

-Tim
chiefchad
Unclassified Poster

Post by chiefchad »

I had the same problem with my Henry 22 mag. If I could do it over I would have bought the hex barrel model.
I called Henry customer service and they have a metal band/sight available which they sent no charge. Had the same front sight post (too low, too wide) so I filed it off, filed a dovetail and installed a Williams post/bead front sight. No hood. Had to get a tall one to match up with the Williams micrometer rear sight I had bought. It mounts on the scope dovetails, so is kinda high. I used the .538 height post, after three different tries with lower ones. I'd like it a bit higher, but this works.
I use CCI ammo and make no sight adjustments, just hold a bit low on the chickens (about where the foot hits the belly) and center on everything else. Had an especially nice day a couple weeks ago, a 36 that included 10 turkeys and 9 rams, so the combo works fine for me. Hope this helps you.
chiefchad