CLA Macthes in California

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
jbolt
A Poster
A Poster

CLA Macthes in California

Post by jbolt »

Does anyone know if there are any center-fire CLA matches within a couple of hours of the SF bay area? Also where do I find information on the state match? I didn't even know we held one.

J~
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: CLA Macthes in California

Post by lone ringer »

They have been hosting the CLA state championships at Pala (south of Temecula) and they are held the second week in May so plan for it next year if you want to attend.
I live in Southern CA so I really do not know where the matches in your area are held but if you were to subscribe to the Shooting Sports USA which is a free electronic subscription in the last few pages they list a most of the NRA sanctioned matches including CLA. http://www.nrapublications.org/ssusa/
I had trouble right now connecting to it but for the most part it works fine.
jnyork
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by jnyork »

Check the CRPA website, they should have something to lead you in the right direction. Also, check Nevada Rifle and Pistol Association for matches in Reno, Carson City area. Check the NRA website for clubs and ranges in the area you describe.
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

The state associations that you mentioned have enough trouble posting information regarding their own state championships in a timely fashion and they do not post any information in regards to NRA sanctioned or any other kind of matches but I can be mistaken, I am only familiar with the AZ and CA states associations where I hold life memberships. On the other hand shooting clubs like Hassayampa in Phoenix provides us with a calendar of events for the whole year that is for SB and HP not Cowboy.
Your best bet would be the SSUSA magazine which I just accessed and found out they have CLA matches in Bishop, Burney and Concord and SCR in Cupertino
http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/nra/ssusa_201108/#/0
Hope this helps you
jbolt
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbolt »

Thanks lone ringer. I shoot SCR at Cupertino. I was not aware Concord did CLA which is only and hour away. Will be fun to shoot my 30/30 at something closer than HP silhouettes!

J~
jnyork
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by jnyork »

"The state associations that you mentioned have enough trouble posting information regarding their own state championships in a timely fashion and they do not post any information in regards to NRA sanctioned or any other kind of matches but I can be mistaken, I am only familiar with the AZ and CA states associations where I hold life memberships"

Well, excuse me.
L. Rivard
B Poster
B Poster

Post by L. Rivard »

Matches are held at the Hat Creek Rifle and Pistol Club located between Burney and Fall River Mills off highway 299 in Shasta county. More than a couple hours from the bay area though. They have a web site.
jbolt
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbolt »

L. Rivard, thanks for the info. This is definitely a place to put on a need to visit list. Looks like a great facility.

J~