.22 are back!?!

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

.22 are back!?!

Post by snaketail2 »

Yesterday was sort of a red letter day...I found .22 ammo in two places.

Walmart has 100 count boxes of Winchester and Sportsman's Warehouse had SK Magazine.

I've been lucky - I've found enough ammo to get me through the drought - so I only bought one box at Wallyworld, and a can/brick from Sportsmans. The Winchester for play and the Magazine for club matches...I left the rest for those who, like me, have been searching for ammo.

Lets hope this trend continues

M
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
fartsinpublic
B Poster
B Poster

Re: .22 are back!?!

Post by fartsinpublic »

I went in to my LGS to couple of weeks ago, and they had 5 100rd-boxes of MiniMags left.

I bought three, left a pair.

Today I went in looking for ammo, and the sales guy goes "hey, you're the guy who left MiniMags on the counter... Two people came in after you and bought one each and left thrilled. Give me your number, I will call you when I have some in, since I know you're trying to help solve this problem and share scarce ammo."
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

Local Academy had a lot of AM22 in yesterday at $17 @ box. I was sooo temped to pick up a few boxes but realized I was just being a pig. I hope it does start easing up. :)
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

Local Cabellas has CCI SV and Eley remington in stock. Limit 2 boxes of 50 tho.

Local sportsmans warehouse has aquilla with no powder, just primer powered. Colibri I think its called. They also get in some every Fri morning.

Haven't checked the Axeman lately tho since I have what I need for now.

I do hope that this crunch eases so I can try lot testing some ammo some day.
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

Just returned from the St. Louis Cabelas. They had CCI Segmented bullets, Remington Thunderbolt and were said to be unloading another shipment. No powder, but said it was "on the way".

I like this trend..
M
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
chuckjordan2
A Poster
A Poster

Post by chuckjordan2 »

Stopped off at BassPro on the way home tonight. They had about 30 boxes of American Eagle HV. Bought a few boxes for a shooter I know is short some and looking. Price increased ($2.39/50) but, still reasonable.
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by malinois »

I went to Gander mountain today in Al...and they had a few bulk packs of Fed automatch...I took one the counter guy was surprized as well, I told him I only wanted a box to run in one of my ar..22 tacticool rifles to play. Hopefully the drought is comming to an end...
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Ammo is still in very short supply here. I hope that it gets better soon.
High Speed
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by High Speed »

It won't stop any time soon, until someone stops lefties pen, from riding again. Very few of the ammo manufactures have plants in the US. As well as components. 50% of Hodgdons products are imported. Doesn't take much to figure out the master plan. Can't cut the head off of a snake, start at the tail, and work your way up. Don't tread on me! On my pole out front!
Stay Safe
Mark
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Well we hope it opens up soon as our Junior 4P program is living hand to mouth for target ammo and we all know what will happen if we have to shut it down due to lack of ammo.... the kids will be off to something else and we lose a bunch of new shooters. It's bad enough that the price increases we've had to make due to the ammo increases have made it difficult for some families to continue as they did before
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
whale
A Poster
A Poster

Post by whale »

Nothing here in New Jersey.
Whale
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

A couple places online have good ammo in stock now, and have had it for a couple weeks. It didn't fly off the shelves the first day. For instance Brunos has SK standard plus, both wolf offerings and center-x all in stock. And everyone seems to have one of the ones I am looking for.

Locally, still about the same. Can't find diddly. Except Cabelas, and there you can only buy one box of 50, so that doesn't help much.
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

I'm seeing more .22 ammo available these days -in late September. In the past month I've been lucky enough to buy three "bricks" of Federal AutoMatch and 1000 rounds of Winchester M-22. The Federal is fine, but the Winchester is dirty - my very finicky Kimber 1911 .22 stopped feeding after about 50 rounds.
Powder is still in short supply, as are bullets.
From what I've seen in the past few years this is a temporary situation...powder will come back as rimfire supplies dwindle.
Its the beginning of hunting season - I wonder it that has anything to do with availability?
Guess I could "hunt" with the Winchester - don't think I'll be using it for matches.

Michael
St. Louis
teetertotter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by teetertotter »

In June, Cabella's came through with 15,000 rds, .22LR, for our annual Youth Shoot. This year, we had 160 youths from ages 7-16 with 90% pre registered. They shoot .22 rifles, Trap, Air pistols, .22 pistols, Archery, etc. In our particular region, .22LR is still scarce and if found locally at retail stores, it is being sold by the box, is what I am hearing.

Last month, I still had 1/2 case+ left of my ammo with another month to end our season. Winter indoor practice starts up in January. Three+ weeks ago, our pistol director said he had 3 cases of Norma TAC-22 with all the same lot nbr. at his cost of $60.00/brick. I bought one brick for testing in my 452 American and perfect......I called him a couple days later to save 6 bricks to bring the following week as both our disciplines shoot on the same night.

I ordered a case of Federal 711B back in April from LGS and will be lucky if I see it b/4 April 2015. The Federal regional rep cannot tell me when factory will be in production of target/match grade. In 2013, it took 8 months from January to August and Oct 2012, no problem with a case.

I wonder how long it will be when .22LR case lots will be on the shelf at the distributors from the factory.....of all makes and models, on a regular basis.....2016??
My 2 cents
LH CZ 452 Amer, Free Floated, FX-3 25X40, D3 Rings, TAC-22
https://www.beloitrifleclub.org/shootin ... ilhouette/
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

The CMP told us 18 to 24 month wait if we are lucky for our order for our Junior program. Hard to believe that after all this time we are looking at that long of a wait, it's really impacting Junior programs all over the country. We've resorted to buying it by the brick as we find it.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)