Some Random Ammo test

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
African Villager
B Poster
B Poster

Some Random Ammo test

Post by African Villager »

Had a go with my Marlin 880SQ this past weekend

and had various brands to see what groups and what doesn't

Wind blew 20-24 knots from 11o Clock and really not the best conditions

The 3 best groups I got was with Eley Sport(4shot group), Winchester T22(6shot group) and Fiocchi TT Sport .

Distance 75m a few pics . The T22 Winchester was really surprizing as it is not a very expensive round and a real good practice option

SK ( Lapua ) - did not like
S&B - Did not like
CCI - So so
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
African Villager
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Some Random Ammo test

Post by African Villager »

My Rifle
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B Poster
B Poster

Post by #57 »

I have found in my own testing that at 75 yards is where most ammo really separates it self good to bad. At 100 the good will show and the bad[ for my rifle] will really look bad. That last 25 yards really magnify it. Good luck
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Here are some groups fired at the Lapua test range in Mesa AZ. The range is in a big tunnel. One screen was set up at 50m and another at 100m. Notice the change in shot pattern from 50 to 100. Both the 50m and 100m shots were with the same bullet, not 2 separate shot groups. The ammo was subsonic center-x except for the last 50m shot group. 22 bullets do strange things when they fly thru the air.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Jerry G wrote:Here are some groups fired at the Lapua test range in Mesa AZ. The range is in a big tunnel. One screen was set up at 50m and another at 100m. Notice the change in shot pattern from 50 to 100. Both the 50m and 100m shots were with the same bullet, not 2 separate shot groups. The ammo was subsonic center-x except for the last 50m shot group. 22 bullets do strange things when they fly thru the air.
Nice groups Jerry.... Oh.. Ummmm, Ahhh by chance did you forget to attach the pictures??? =))
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

AWwwwwwww crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1