Mr. Fly CZ 455 Flyweight Trigger...

This is what we do.
rcmark
B Poster
B Poster

Post by rcmark »

Just got my hands on a Mr. Fly CZ 455 Flyweight Trigger.
I think it is going to be great once I get it adjusted.

Since I got the trigger used anyone have the 'factory' settings?

Anyone seen a step by step tutorial on how to adjust it?

If I remove screw 1 and 2 will the springs come out or are they somehow fixed?

Thanks for any help!
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Mr. Fly CZ 455 Flyweight Trigger...

Post by acorneau »

No offense to this awesome forum but there have been several threads hashing out all the adjustments for this new trigger over on RFC. I suggest doing a search in the "CZ/Brno" sub-forum.

Good luck.
Allen Corneau
rcmark
B Poster
B Poster

Post by rcmark »

No offense but I have read every post about this trigger.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

rcmark wrote:No offense but I have read every post about this trigger.

I'm not trying to be confrontational here, but if you've read all the threads then I'm sure you know more about these triggers than anyone around here (where most folks are using Anschutz rifles).

Again, the most active users of this brand-new product are going to be hanging out and discussing it over on RFC, not here. That's why I recommended that you check there.
Allen Corneau
Westy
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Westy »

All I can say is

936665_698320706928049_2236933366326566646_n_zpsigoyjw87.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hugh
B Poster
B Poster

Post by hugh »

perhaps you should try calling the manufacturer or seek out a professional gunsmith?
xpilot
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by xpilot »

Adjustment
The sports trigger mechanism is set at 3 N as the manufacturing default. According to
the manufacturer, this is the safe value of the trigger pull. When adjusting for low trigger pull,
it is necessary to remove the slack. The resulting pull is influenced by both resistance screws
(no. 1 and no. 2). When the first stage resistance is increased, the total trigger pull is increased.
To set the minimum trigger pull of 1 N, the sports trigger mechanism must be set in such
a way that the resistance in the first stage is eliminated. This is done by releasing the no. 1
adjusting screw spring to the maximum, that is releasing this spring into the seat in the trigger
mechanism case using the no. 1 adjusting screw.
The one resistance mechanism function is achieved by releasing the adjusting screw no.
4 and gradually tightening the adjusting screw no. 3. The no. 3 adjusting screw may be used
to set the size of the catch of the contact between the support and sear, whereby the length
of the functional trigger movement is set at the same time. In this sports trigger mechanism
configuration, the adjustment of the required forces is subsequently carried out using the
adjusting screw no. 2.
When a setting of higher trigger pull (or to be more precise the maximum of 5 N) is
required, always follow these steps:
screw the adjusting screw no. 2 in until the head of the screw is in contact with the
trigger mechanism case
to set the required trigger pull, gradually tighten the adjusting screw no. 1 (however,
if you tighten this adjusting screw too much, a situation will occur when it will not be
possible to pull the trigger sufficiently, release the support and inititiate discharge -
in such case, it is necessary to release the adjusting screw)
kd5zmg
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kd5zmg »

I just traded my SST trigger module for the Flyweight Trigger.

1. I hope I made the right decision since I do not really hunt, the SST was not really being used.
2. I hope I am happy with it on the 455 Tacticool Silhouette
3. I hope it will be easy to install, the SST was just 2 pins. I heard that the FT had more parts to install.

I do like the straight blade of the FT, looks to be more target than the standard shoe.

-Mark
-Mark
mychippy
B Poster
B Poster

Post by mychippy »

I'm curious what experiences people are having with getting the flyweight trigger pull weight up over 2 lbf to qualify for Hunter class? The current max adjustment is 5N, which is about 1.1lbf. It would require a slightly heavier 1st stage spring I suppose. Has anyone tried taking that spring out? Looks like it might fall free if you removed the #1 screw.
kd5zmg
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kd5zmg »

mychippy wrote:I'm curious what experiences people are having with getting the flyweight trigger pull weight up over 2 lbf to qualify for Hunter class? The current max adjustment is 5N, which is about 1.1lbf. It would require a slightly heavier 1st stage spring I suppose. Has anyone tried taking that spring out? Looks like it might fall free if you removed the #1 screw.
I thought 5NM = 3.68Ft.Lb... :?
-Mark
mychippy
B Poster
B Poster

Post by mychippy »

kd5zmg wrote:
mychippy wrote:I'm curious what experiences people are having with getting the flyweight trigger pull weight up over 2 lbf to qualify for Hunter class? The current max adjustment is 5N, which is about 1.1lbf. It would require a slightly heavier 1st stage spring I suppose. Has anyone tried taking that spring out? Looks like it might fall free if you removed the #1 screw.
I thought 5NM = 3.68Ft.Lb... :?
NM is Newtons x Meters which is a measure of torque, not generally used for rating triggers. Newtons (N) is a measure of force, and lbf (pounds force) is the corresponding force measurement in US customary units. Lbf is just an explicit way of saying you're talking about a force and not a mass. The "f" is not strictly needed.

Anyways, there's about 9.8 Newtons in a Kilogram, and about 2.2 Pounds in a Kilogram. So 5N/9.8N = 0.51Kg and 0.51Kg * 2.2lb/Kg = 1.1 lbf (or the same force created by hanging a 1.1lb weight off your trigger).
kd5zmg
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kd5zmg »

Is that single or double stage?

So, bummer news for me. I traded my SST for this Flyweight and since the original owner, his name is fuzzy limey on Rimfire central, did not give all the original parts for the trigger when he sold the rifle to another forum member. Well, this trade had some challenges.

First, the module was a bit of work to install because it was missing the installation pin that holds the sear in place. Needless to say, I was able to use a smaller pin punch to lock it into place, but had to use some college ingenuity and a second punch to help me. Installed.

Second issue I found, is that the screw that holds the trigger shoe in place is stripped. I am hoping that I can get a replacement from CZ, but since they are out of stock, chances are no go.

Third, the trigger guard plate from the SST does not fit. I should not complain about this one, but the trigger guard plate makes a difference.

WOW, sucky transaction... but since I am a nice guy I will voice my issues and still give the guy a satisfactory for shipping quickly. :oops: embarrassed with the problems I had and angry at myself for not checking all that I needed to in order to make sure I had everything covered.

Impression so far, not impressed with the Fly Trigger... seems like the Yo Dave is a crisper break and I can get it to 2 lbs... xx oz. Fly trigger is breaking less than 2 lbs... #-o that won't work for Hunter Silhouette.
-Mark