Leupold BR 24X - D

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
Zolt
B Poster
B Poster

Leupold BR 24X - D

Post by Zolt »

I have two Leupold BR 24X - D's that I would like to sell.

Both have tapered target knobs with target dots.

Both focus down to 50 feet.

Both are gloss.

Both are in excellent condition.

Are these considered EFR scopes?

Thanks!
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Re: Leupold BR 24X - D

Post by cedestech »

By definition yes. The micrometer adjustment isn't popular though. Put them in the classifieds and if anyone is interested they will contact you. :)
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Zolt
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Zolt »

cedestech wrote:By definition yes. The micrometer adjustment isn't popular though. Put them in the classifieds and if anyone is interested they will contact you. :)
Thanks for the reply.

Please explain the "micrometer adjustment"
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

I think he means the fine adjustment on the adjustable objective on the BR scopes. It takes a couple of turns to go from the chickens to turkeys. Although really accurate adjustments can be made, it is a pain in the butt for silhouette. I had one and sold it to get an fx3.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

thauglor wrote:I think he means the fine adjustment on the adjustable objective on the BR scopes. It takes a couple of turns to go from the chickens to turkeys. Although really accurate adjustments can be made, it is a pain in the butt for silhouette. I had one and sold it to get an fx3.

That^^^
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

I have one of these on my Feinwerkbau and while I like being able to focus down to 20 feet, I really, really, really hate doing it with how many turns it takes. Clear and reliable, but it's a work out if you're changing extreme distances.
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
Zolt
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Zolt »

One of these scopes was mounted on a 54 silhouette rifle. I didn't need to turn the AO more than 3/4 turn to go from chickens to rams.

On a high power silhouette rifle it was the same thing. YES it was several turns different than smallbore.

One was on a small bore the other high power.

Thanks for all the replies.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

Zolt wrote:One of these scopes was mounted on a 54 silhouette rifle. I didn't need to turn the AO more than 3/4 turn to go from chickens to rams.

On a high power silhouette rifle it was the same thing. YES it was several turns different than smallbore.

One was on a small bore the other high power.

Thanks for all the replies.
It's all relative from the the starting point. Most AO adjustments on scopes aren't linear. You have 3/4 of a turn from Chickens to Rams on your smallbore gun, but I have nearly 1 1/2 turns from Chickens to Pigs on my air rifle. I wasn't meaning to knock the scope if it came across that way.
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

All I know, my Leupold br24x would take 3-4 turns to get the correct parallax free view at the rams from the chickens. It's less than half a turn on my new fx3 and my 2 older leupold m8 10x's.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

thauglor wrote:All I know, my Leupold br24x would take 3-4 turns to get the correct parallax free view at the rams from the chickens. It's less than half a turn on my new fx3 and my 2 older leupold m8 10x's.
Same for my Sightron Big Sky Silhouette. It's a luxury that is really appreciated when had!