CZ 455 with a Timney vs Rifle Basix vs Yo Dave vs DIP ADJ Sear

This is what we do.
kd5zmg
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: CZ 455 with a Timney vs Rifle Basix vs Yo Dave vs DIP ADJ Sear

Post by kd5zmg »

Frank,

First off, thank you for your reply, I appreciate your feedback.

With that said, RFC does have good information, but their demographics is mostly benchrest plinkers. I am looking for rimfire silhouette feedback. The best I have been able to get it is 2lbs 3oz. One funny thing is that when I was dry firing and checking for function, I noticed that the firing pin would not reset once, but now I am not able to duplicate...
-Mark
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

kd5zmg wrote:One funny thing is that when I was dry firing and checking for function, I noticed that the firing pin would not reset once, but now I am not able to duplicate...
FYI: If that ever happens you can just pull the bolt handle up and then back down to reset the trigger/sear.

During a match months ago I had too much CLP in my bolt/firing pin channel and ended up with a few light strikes. Cycling the bolt up/down (not ejecting the round) was enough to let me take a second shot on the same unfired round which usually did the trick.
Allen Corneau
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by frankmako »

mark

cz makes a two stage for the 455. at one of our local matches a shooter had one on his 455. it was just as good as my 64 ms. but the trigger is to lite. out of the box the cz two stage trigger will not make hunter class weight. as far as i know it you can not get the two stage trigger to make the two pound weight without a spring change.
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

Any malfunction in the silhouette game is unacceptable. You spend enough time setting up the shot, breathing and squeezing off the shot to have it all for not and have to reset. Get a Timney and be done with it.
ppkny
kd5zmg
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kd5zmg »

Gonna try out the Timney today. I have it adjusted down to 2lbs now. I may go back up to 2.5lbs, since it feels more comfortable at that pull weight for this rifle.

I might have a Rifle Basix for sale if this Timney performs.
-Mark
kd5zmg
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kd5zmg »

Today the 455 was on point. I might try and shoot with it for this Sunday match. For some reason the Timney really complements the CZ455 in the Pro-Varmint (Tacticool) Stock.

-Mark
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Are you still tinkering around with this rifle?

Just sell it and build up an Anschutz 54.30 FrankenHunter!
kd5zmg
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kd5zmg »

DavidABQ wrote:Are you still tinkering around with this rifle?

http://s299.photobucket.com/user/DavidA ... r.png.html
Yep... and you should by that VX3.

I think I might spend more time with this one... see if I can beat you with a cheap CZ455 instead of that 3rd owner 5418 Frankenhunter.

I might dedicate that 5418 Frankenschutz to the late Dr. Frankensteen. :D
-Mark
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by BCloninger »

Timney makes a good trigger, and you made a great choice. You should really do well with that rifle.

What model Leupold are you running?
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

kd5zmg wrote:

In fact
I think I might spend more time with this one... see if I can beat you with a cheap CZ455 instead of that 3rd owner 5418 Frankenhunter.

You already beat me wiith whatever you bring to the monthly matches. That is no great accomplishment.
Last edited by DavidABQ on Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kd5zmg
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kd5zmg »

DavidABQ wrote:
kd5zmg wrote:

In fact

You already beat me wiith whatever you bring to th monthly matches. That is no great accomplishment.
Not all the time, in fact you beat Waverly too... so I am not sure what you are talking about... 8-|
-Mark
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

The only reason I beat Waverly is because you were tinkering with her equipment.

I need to remind you that you are a AAA shooter in Hunter Rifle while I am a lowly and insignificant AA shooter.

Now that I have it some thought you came home from Nationals with a great number of awards. The only one I got was when the three of us teamed up. It is fair to say the two of you carried me to a team win.
kd5zmg
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kd5zmg »

DavidABQ wrote:The only reason I beat Waverly is because you were tinkering with her equipment.

I need to remind you that you are a AAA shooter in Hunter Rifle while I am a lowly and insignificant AA shooter.

Now that I have it some thought you came home from Nationals with a great number of awards. The only one I got was when the three of us teamed up. It is fair to say the two of you carried me to a team win.
:-? ok... but since when were you ever humble... :shock:
-Mark
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Since always! \m/
Ghostofwar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ghostofwar »

I have tried all the trigger options for the 452/455. I have a 452 American that had the factory trigger worked over and stoned. It is an amazingly crisp trigger that breaks right at two pounds every time. Its probably the best single stage trigger I've ever felt on a CZ.

I had a Timney for a while. It was a great trigger but I didn't use it for silhouette. I was able to get the trigger down to 8ozs for informal bench shooting. When I set the trigger at 2 pounds, the thin trigger blade was not very comfortable to me. If I were going to use the Timney for Hunter class I would have to put a wide trigger shoe on the blade to give it a better feel.

The CZ two stage trigger is great at lower pull weights. Once I swapped the springs to try to get it up to two pound it started having some problems. I couldn't get the creep out of the second stage. Once I went back to the factory springs, it went back to being an amazing trigger.

The other have come and gone with varying success but nothing to write home about. Then again, I've been told I am a trigger snob.

My suggestion is that you buy one of the Anschutz MSR actions with the 1712 barrel, put it in a Pharr stock and then put a "CZ" sticker on it. :D